TAMIYA SU 76 WW2

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
One small tip which I found out: in the past I noticed that many people glued the retaining pins on the Friul tracklinks. But actually I think that's not really necessary. Never had issues with pins coming out again when handling the tracks.

Looking forward to see the next update chap.

Cheers
Wouter....... Hi mate, I found the wire kept coming out. It's only 0 . 4 , perhaps this is the reason in this occasion. Every time I tried to do a length test they would even come apart , even with a little glue !
Hi John, Fruil is the only AM that I have not tried but will some day. Can't seem to fork out mullahs for something that I will glue down, bury in muck and dirt, however, the droop and hang might just win me over.

Cheers,
Richard
Seasons Greetings to you Richard:thumb2:
Quite understand your feeling re the expense, but the way they behave when fitted is so realistic, even the struggle that I've had with the size is worth it in the end. Yes I admit there will be debri, but not to the extent of reducing the over all look. The other type I've used with the locking lug were easier, and the other sort with the resin pin were as hard as these , but still worth it .

Hello John,
See you are having fun with the tracks, I break mine down into groups of ten. So it goes like this, build ten - sip - build ten - sip ...... and at the end of a length, you feel no pain and are glowing.....
Did you find the lost wheel?
Cheers, Mike.

Hi Mike........... I did find that small groups as you say we're better , as for the wheel yes, suddenly it was there , :surprised: surprisingly the suspension arm was intact and on the mat. But that wheel came back from the other dimension, I mean even I can count that number.

Tracks - your favourites! You seem to have beaten these into submission though John. Well done.
Hi Peter........ Good job it wasn't by MiniArt, that would have probably been it, I'd have ended up setting fire to it !:flushed:

Ahhhh! The joys of friul tracks. Everyone has there own way of doing things. One thing I like to do is once the glue has hardened and the pins are cut to length. I then sand the ends down into a dome to look like the end of a real track pin

Steve........ That was my idea, but will have to see how it goes :hungry:

Not done much apart from look at the pile of bits, even the building sits on the bench waiting . Must find the mojo .
Thanks for looking in, this might make me get on !
John .