TAMIYA SU 76 WW2

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Alright Ladies,

Let's keep the noise down a bit so Dzhon can concentrate before the meds kick in. I will tap the keg in a few minutes and there will be no beer mugs placed on the furniture in the cave. Now where is Stevie with the groceries??? Go John Go!!!

Prost Hic!
Allen

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Missed the end of the last one and the start of this one :rolling:

C - another building and more bricks with snow :thumb2:

I recommend Precision Ice & Snow for the snow - they do a kit with snow powders, wash, shaker sieve
Simon.... Thank you and for your recommendations, I shall look them up :thumb2:

Sorry I'm late. Nurse Cratchet was on the prowl. Brought a fire extinguisher in case of burning buildings. Vote for dug in city scape/winter. Patient #105
Paul......... Glad you managed to evade Matron ! Now the mention of fire, what a splendid idea .That has given me an idea !!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys, so as we speak the street scene C is leading .
More votes please.
Dzhon

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John, I actually couldn't remember what barrel I used so had to and get the SU off the shelf. :smiling3:

Turns out I used the kit barrel. It doesn't look to bad. Pic below, ignore the dust, it's been up there a while.

View attachment 320191
Bob. Yes it does look good, will go with the kit one, thought the dust does add to the finish, I found a spiders web on one of my trees , and the dust in the cave on open shelves is unavoidable.
John :smiling3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Alright Ladies,

Let's keep the noise down a bit so Dzhon can concentrate before the meds kick in. I will tap the keg in a few minutes and there will be no beer mugs placed on the furniture in the cave. Now where is Stevie with the groceries??? Go John Go!!!

Prost Hic!
Allen
Morning brother, yes I was up early this morning, believe it or not :surprised::smiling2:. Glad you are keeping the guests in line

Wintry street action +1. Love your stuff!
Cheers Paul. ..... Kind of you to say and for voting.
C 3 votes

Err, yes, let's go with that. :smiling3:
Bob...... Cheers, another for C
Seems to be going to be cold then :smiling2:
Dzhon .

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Winter in the city gets my vote. Echo Simon regarding Precision Ice and Snow products. Good website with helpful YouTube videos. Time spent studying the PE instructions and figuring out how they marry up with the kit instructions will be time well spent.
Jim

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
It’s already snowed here in the states so I’m in the mood for snow.

Reactions: JR

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Dzhon, winter in the city scene sounds good, so C it is.
Front row seats? I'll have to be on my best behaviour………..:rolling:

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi John, another late arrival joins in....
Thanks for the info, knew they built a lot of these didn't knew the plant was bombed and then re-built pretty determined people.

I vote for C too, your strength is in the buildings and the accompanying scenes portrayed.:thumb2:
With some white forecasted later in the week overhere, looking forward to see winter hitting the dio's too.:smiling:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Winter in the city gets my vote. Echo Simon regarding Precision Ice and Snow products. Good website with helpful YouTube videos. Time spent studying the PE instructions and figuring out how they marry up with the kit instructions will be time well spent.
Jim
Hi Jim....... Had another look fleetingly look at the instructions when I went to the freezer. Been studying those parts on the model that need to be removed to allow the PE to fit. Don't want to mess this up. Glad to know you liked the snow as well, saw a nice photo of your work on the site !!! I remember those guys on their skis, that snow looked most effective:smirk:. 6 votes then .

It’s already snowed here in the states so I’m in the mood for snow.
Lee we can no doubt send you some later in the year. :smiling:

Dzhon, winter in the city scene sounds good, so C it is.
Front row seats? I'll have to be on my best behaviour………..:rolling:

Graeme...... Why not :smiling: get stuck in to the biscuits.
7 votes, looks like a land slide then.

Hi John, another late arrival joins in....
Thanks for the info, knew they built a lot of these didn't knew the plant was bombed and then re-built pretty determined people.

I vote for C too, your strength is in the buildings and the accompanying scenes portrayed.:thumb2:
With some white forecasted later in the week overhere, looking forward to see winter hitting the dio's too.:smiling:
Very nice of you to say Fernando. I asked Allen not to send the bad weather, but he denied having anything to do with it.:tongue-out3::angry: 8 votes for C

John , and it's a ''c'' from me...:thumb2:
9 votes now, Thanks Brad. :smiling3:
Well that seems the general opinion, so thats it.
Should be fun. Several ideas in the head, will have a drawing session.
Thank guys.
John.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Me too,
took longer than I thought to slip the yoke.
I'm for the back corner so I can throw cheese balls at the lot of you.
Cheers Rick H.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Dang!!...missed my flight and obviously missed the connecting at Dubai and there was a strike at Charles de Gaulle Airport...misread (should have taken up French) the wrong sign for the train ride. Ok, I'm here John...have I missed anything? Can I get a seat? No worries about the food, I got stuffed at every stop over. :smiling2:
On the train I heard rumours about a winter city dio...I like winter scenes.

Can I make a suggestion and have one of your builds this side of the globe...the travelling is killing me. :smiling6: You won't recognise me when I join the rabble...no time to freshen up. :tongue-out3:

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi John I'm going "B" winter camp sorry everyone.
Good luck with what ever you choose it will be another JR masterpiece :thumb2:
Pete.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Rabble here, Read through so far, nowt to eat again, just as well i've brought my own, can all you lot at the front take those ridiculous xmas hats off.... Good subject John, and the winter street scent sounds great, but not too much snow, just that whispy blown about stuff with the older stuff piled up against the wall.
Cheers, Mike.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Me too,
took longer than I thought to slip the yoke.
I'm for the back corner so I can throw cheese balls at the lot of you.
Cheers Rick H.
Rick...... Better late than never. We have had installed the new ever expanding front row, so your OK and we are safe.

Dang!!...missed my flight and obviously missed the connecting at Dubai and there was a strike at Charles de Gaulle Airport...misread (should have taken up French) the wrong sign for the train ride. Ok, I'm here John...have I missed anything? Can I get a seat? No worries about the food, I got stuffed at every stop over. :smiling2:
On the train I heard rumours about a winter city dio...I like winter scenes.

Can I make a suggestion and have one of your builds this side of the globe...the travelling is killing me. :smiling6: You won't recognise me when I join the rabble...no time to freshen up. :tongue-out3:

Cheers,
Richard
Richard don't worry about how you look, have you seen the rabble on a day out ! This is a shot of Steve Jones.
digital_painting__scruffy_old_man_by_dulceteffusion-d4tg1ii.jpg this was taken on a good day !
You haven't missed anything, and your seat has been reserved after you clear Customs.
Hi John I'm going "B" winter camp sorry everyone.
Good luck with what ever you choose it will be another JR masterpiece :thumb2:
Pete.
Hi mate...... Sorry to disappoint on the choice, but thanks for voting.:smiling:

Rabble here, Read through so far, nowt to eat again, just as well i've brought my own, can all you lot at the front take those ridiculous xmas hats off.... Good subject John, and the winter street scent sounds great, but not too much snow, just that whispy blown about stuff with the older stuff piled up against the wall.
Cheers, Mike.
Mike...... Welcome, I was thinking about that, could easily over do the snow. Think it will be blowing from one side, so there will only be snow build up from there. Hats on the front row were being worn in case of cheese ball attack from Rick. As he has been reseated hats can be removed.
John.

Spent this evening searching for some figures, don't want a lot, have settled on some Trumpeter .images.jpeg
and some Zvezda .
zvezda-zve35097-soviet-sniper-team.jpg
Shan't use all of them, there's about 3 that look right. The SU crew look to have heavy coats on so many be some miliput hoods may appear.
Thanks for looking in.
Dzhon

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Did they include the decoy dummy? Looks like a female in the Ghilly (sp?) suit. Maybe a team to pick off her leavings. PaulE