Tamiya T34 1/25 scale info please

K

kelvgood

Just got hold of this beauty, is there a supplier who would do additional items to enhance this model ie metal gun barrel, photo etched parts, I would like to pimp it to the max and share the build with posted photos

Fingers crossed in advanced

Kelvin

D

dubster72

I don't want to rain on your parade Kelvin, but that's not a particularly good kit. It's lacking in detail, even compared to Tamiyas early 1/35 T-34s. Unless yours is a re-tooled version?

I'm just finishing the Tamiya/Academy 1/25 Jagdpanther & I think it's the 'scale that time forgot'! Apart from some brass engine grills, there was nothing else around, not even crew figures!

I'd say you'd be looking to replace certain bits like grab handles with copper wire & scratchbuild other stuff that you feel would improve the look of it. I used cocktail sticks for tool handles on my Jagdpanther for example.

Still looking forward to seeing it come together though!

Cheers

Patrick

K

kelvgood

\ said:
I don't want to rain on your parade Kelvin, but that's not a particularly good kit. It's lacking in detail, even compared to Tamiyas early 1/35 T-34s. Unless yours is a re-tooled version?I'm just finishing the Tamiya/Academy 1/25 Jagdpanther & I think it's the 'scale that time forgot'! Apart from some brass engine grills, there was nothing else around, not even crew figures!

I'd say you'd be looking to replace certain bits like grab handles with copper wire & scratchbuild other stuff that you feel would improve the look of it. I used cocktail sticks for tool handles on my Jagdpanther for example.

Still looking forward to seeing it come together though!

Cheers

Patrick
I like a challenge did look a bit sparse in the box ok time to knuckle down. Went for size over detail, that wil teach me to check the reviews in detail before hand, many thanks and I will update with my progress