tamiya yamaha yzr 500 conversion

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice one Paul, look forward to seeing how you tackle this.

P

Paulali

thankyou Paul,jobs left are decaling up the red bodywork,the exhausts,and the see through plastic on top of the nose cone,camera glass in the nose of the fairing and im done,i wont be handling the bodywork for a week though,let it harden off first,i also have to spray the bottom of the fairing and the 2 side fairngs,some masking to to do there becuse of the white and red together,oh,also the fuel tank cap,thats it,thankyou for looking and commenting,Paul

Last edited:
P

Paulali

faring ready to go,i add cotton buds as it gives me something to hold when i spray

D

dougie

Great work, pictures a little soft to see details on my phone but it looks like a good update. What paints are you using on the fairings?

I have subscribed to the thread, look forward to more updates

P

Paulali

\ said:
Great work, pictures a little soft to see details on my phone but it looks like a good update. What paints are you using on the fairings?
I have subscribed to the thread, look forward to more updates
Thanks Dougie,the paint on the fairings is all tamiya TS spray cans,i dont have an airbrush,will try to take crisper pictures,i have to paint the inside of the fairings as well,in a flat black

D

dougie

\ said:
Thanks Dougie,the paint on the fairings is all tamiya TS spray cans,i dont have an airbrush,will try to take crisper pictures,i have to paint the inside of the fairings as well,in a flat black
You don't need an airbrush with those cans, they do a great job. Looking forward to more of this.

If you decide to buy an airbrush at some point I have a small practically brand new compressor for sale on here that would save you money and is a half decent make compared to a cheap one off eBay.

P

Paulali

\ said:
You don't need an airbrush with those cans, they do a great job. Looking forward to more of this.
If you decide to buy an airbrush at some point I have a small practically brand new compressor for sale on here that would save you money and is a half decent make compared to a cheap one off eBay.
Ok Dougie,thankyou,yeah im happy with the spray cans,after a long time away from the model kit making im now doing a bit again,i did have a 1/32 scale farm in the attic,but i have just recently sold that,its nice to be doing some kit making again

D

dougie

\ said:
Ok Dougie,thankyou,yeah im happy with the spray cans,after a long time away from the model kit making im now doing a bit again,i did have a 1/32 scale farm in the attic,but i have just recently sold that,its nice to be doing some kit making again
Nice,

\ said:
What's your interest now then, mixed out sticking with bikes for a bit...

P

Paulali

main interest is 1/12 bikes,but i am thinking of giving some military stuff a go,probably from tamiya and in 1 /35 scale,i still have a few bikes in the pipeline,Hasagawa yamaha 1988 and 1989 500 yzr's,tamiya yamaha yzr 500 from 1983 with the riding figure of Kenny Roberts and a tamiya conversion of the yzr 500 from 1998 ridden by Norick Abe

D

dougie

lovely mate, that should be some good watching for us. I ordered a nsr500 98' off ebay as it was like £15 quid. it will sit in the stash, Im a tad confused as they are £70 on amazon and £80 for the 99' I think

P

Paulali

ebay is the place to look Dougie,those amazon prices are way way over the top

D

dougie

\ said:
ebay is the place to look Dougie,those amazon prices are way way over the top
yeah I only bought it because I though it was a bargain! But I did intend to build one anyway. They will be re-released sometime anyway

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Really nice looking bike model Paul. I've always liked how good examples of these models come together, the finished thing never fails to impress. This model, I am sure, will no different.

Great work

Paul

BTW, got the Tamiya YZR M1 '05 and Honda RC211 '06 in the stash with a few 'Crazy modeller' extras and some 'Zero' paints. Seeing these builds really makes me want to start them!

Last edited by a moderator: