SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Scottie.
Stunning mate. ! You have the knack, please send some to me.:smiling3:
John.

D

Daniel Horvath

That's very nice Scottie Congrats man ! did you make the track marks in the sand when it was still wet ? I made am mistake on mien and didn't do any track marks and now my sand is rock solid and no way to make any :sad: do you have any idea how can I make some afterwards ? please assist if you can . Thanks regards Danny

D

Deleted member 6559

He's done it again! Fantastic Scottie - mind-blowingly realistic. We all bow down....

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Scottie,
Playing catch up...again! I’ve missed loads of updates, including this. The 222 looks excellent on its base in its DAK guise mate, superb work!
Si

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Scottie
I cant believe I missed the final reveal!.:astonished: Another Scottie classic. You got a fantastic final look. I like the cracking on the base as well. Very realistic. Another one to be proud of mate:thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Scottie mate, that’s simply stunning. Love the worn paint but even that is eclipsed by the cracked mud. Looks real to be honest.
Cheers
Tim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That's very nice Scottie Congrats man ! did you make the track marks in the sand when it was still wet ? I made am mistake on mien and didn't do any track marks and now my sand is rock solid and no way to make any :sad: do you have any idea how can I make some afterwards ? please assist if you can . Thanks regards Danny
Hi Daniel,
Thanks mate, as to the tracks the only way I can think of is scraping the tread in with the tip of a knife or a very thin layer of plaster or clay over what you have already then do the track marks. Hopefully someone else will have a better idea.
Scottie

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks to everyone for the very kind feedback it is really appreciated.
Scottie

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Scottie a silly question if I may, the cracked ground finish by the front wheel how did you make that affect please. Your own making or out of a tub ?
Pete.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie a silly question if I may, the cracked ground finish by the front wheel how did you make that affect please. Your own making or out of a tub ?
Pete.
Hi Peter,

I have to admit it is out of a jar all my own homemade attempts have not been to my satisfaction. It is cracked earth from AK it comes in a couple of colours.
Scottie

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Peter,

I have to admit it is out of a jar all my own homemade attempts have not been to my satisfaction. It is cracked earth from AK it comes in a couple of colours.
Scottie
Cheers Scottie, I've been looking at the AK desert stuff looks very good.and I just wondered.
Pete.