Taurps, Ground sheets, Rolled up tents etc

A

Awins

Im finding it difficult to purchase Kneadatite (Green Stuff ) to model my own items as above.
Youtube is full of demos but Kneadatite appears to be the product of choice. Milliput I have used before and find it messy and it dries brittle.
What to you use to produce your items?

First Name
colin
Alan I use nothing but milliputt.
I roll it out on glass with a rolling pin covered with talc.
I've never had any problems with brittleness

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I use tissue paper for tarps and bedrolls etc.. suitably cut, folded and rolled, tied of with thread, soaked with white glue diluted with water, set in place as desired and let dry for 24hrs.
Then the usual painting and weathering ;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I use tissue paper for tarps and bedrolls etc.. suitably cut, folded and rolled, tied of with thread, soaked with white glue diluted with water, set in place as desired and let dry for 24hrs.
Then the usual painting and weathering ;)

Me too Jim. Cheap as chips and works every time!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Me too Jim. Cheap as chips and works every time!
I'll have to try this had some point Ron/Jim. I presume when you say "tissue paper" you actually mean the thin coloured stuff kids play with and not the stuff you use to blow your nose. Just checking like;)

B

Bangor Lad

I've used a range of different materials to make tarps, bedrolls and the like. Tissue paper is really good for tarps particularly if used to cover other stores and stuff as you can paint it with dilute PVA and mould it into almost any shape. Lead foil is another good option but to my eye it can look a bit thick if you're not careful.
Cheers
Dave

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I'll have to try this had some point Ron/Jim. I presume when you say "tissue paper" you actually mean the thin coloured stuff kids play with and not the stuff you use to blow your nose. Just checking like;)

John, any sort of tissue will do. Other folks might have different ideas, but I find single ply is best, but if it's got two or even three 'layers', just peel them apart. Just make sure none has any sort of pretty pattern on them!

Cheers,
Ron

First Name
Jimbob
For small items I use das modelling clay, its pliable without being too soft, like others I use tissue paper to make larger pieces. It's trial and error with a lot of materials but I think I've found what best works for me. Jim