Telford 2016

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
First Name
Dave
Excellent. Thanks for the heads up. I won't be able to get there much before 11:30 so hopefully the queue will have reduced by then.

Cheers

P
Well that should save you some pennies Paul! Most of the bargains will be gone by then! :smiling3:

Polux

GB Mod.
Staff member
First Name
Polux
At which hour you can start to buy the tickets???

Polux

GB Mod.
Staff member
First Name
Polux
That will depend on how early you are. I try to get there between 8:45 - 9:15 and usually manage to get quite close to the main entrance. Last year I was right next to the door!
I will be there early!!! so first park.....and then a coffee :smiling3:

Dave W

SMF Poster
First Name
Dave
Thanks Dave! Very useful ;)

Mmmm.....I supose that the main car park will be full, so difficult to park there....I said because I'm more worried about to drive on the right than anything else :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:
If you can't get in the show car park,there is a multi storey car park you can park in which is a short walk from the show. Put TF3 4BX into your sat nav. And you will need some one pound coins as you have to pay at a parking meter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Polux

GB Mod.
Staff member
First Name
Polux
There is a multi storey car park you can park in which is a short walk from the show. Put TF3 4BX into your sat nav. And you will need some one pound coins as you have to pay at a parking meter.
Great!! Thanks Dave :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Dave W

SMF Poster
First Name
Dave
Every time I've been I've just joined the que and paid on the door.Maybe there's more information on the IPMS web site. I used to be  member.But I didn't see the point of it so didn't renew my membership after the first year. And don't worry about missing out on bargains. There is a huge amount of modelling stuff on sale. I hope you've brought plenty of money with you?

Polux

GB Mod.
Staff member
First Name
Polux
Every time I've been I've just joined the que and paid on the door.Maybe there's more information on the IPMS web site. I used to be  member.But I didn't see the point of it so didn't renew my membership after the first year. And don't worry about missing out on bargains. There is a huge amount of modelling stuff on sale. I hope you've brought plenty of money with you?
Ok!! Thanks.

Well.....my main idea is meet some of you and say hello ;)

Principally I want to shot photos.....many, a lot.....an amount of photos :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

I will preserve my money for the Warley model train show i thought..... :x

Dave W

SMF Poster
First Name
Dave
Ok!! Thanks.

Well.....my main idea is meet some of you and say hello ;)

Principally I want to shot photos.....many, a lot.....an amount of photos :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

I will preserve my money for the Warley model train show i thought..... :x
Well, if you can spend a day at scale model world and not spend any money, your a better man than me!

Polux

GB Mod.
Staff member
First Name
Polux
Let's see what happens :smiling3: :smiling3:

I changed my avatar, maybe it helps.....so the message is: if you all see a guy with that face, and lost near the bar....please, just say hello   :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:  

Last edited by a moderator:

papa 695

Staff member
First Name
Ian
Sorry Polux I would have liked to have made it this year but can't. 

I would really have liked to meet you,  ( but the avatar put me off. Only kidding mate. ) maybe next time. Have a great time anyway.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
First Name
Gavin
Polux, I wish you well on your trip to Telford. I tip my hat to you, good sir!

Logistically it is not on the table for me from the South of England........maybe one day I will make the pilgrimage. ;)

The last time I was up there was on business to attend weather testing of a curtain wall system at a test centre, more than 10 yrs ago. 9_9

0ne48thtel

SMF Poster
First Name
Terry
Well the good lady and myself have just decided to go on the Saturday so hopefully see some of you there.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
First Name
Dave
Anyway you can buy the tickets first, and then wait for to 10am?
'fraid not! As far as I know there are two queues. One for IPMS members and one for the rest of us poor mortals. We can start going in at 10:00am and buy the tickets on the way in. They usually have several entrances, like the tills at the supermarket, so once they are open, the queue moves pretty fast. I seem to remember - can anybody confirm this please? - there are coffee machines at the entrance so you can get something to drink while you're waiting.

tanktrack

SMF Poster
First Name
Steve
There was no confusion at all, if you look back at the thread for last year it was decided to meet at the Ludlow suite at midday both days, I waited outside for 15 mins before going in and finding Tanktrack. No-one else came close to that door in all the time we were there !
I was there 

Ade Close Enough

Occasional Commentor
First Name
Adrian
'fraid not! As far as I know there are two queues. One for IPMS members and one for the rest of us poor mortals. We can start going in at 10:00am and buy the tickets on the way in. They usually have several entrances, like the tills at the supermarket, so once they are open, the queue moves pretty fast. I seem to remember - can anybody confirm this please? - there are coffee machines at the entrance so you can get something to drink while you're waiting.
Last year there was a proper Costa type place with nice cakes as well :smiling3: