Test of Boat's topic

S

Stevekir

Some people (including me) have found that they cannot see posts to "Boats Under Construction" appering in "Recent Threads". This might be because by the timea person.In some cases, this might be because by the time a person looks at "Recent Threads" the post has slipped of the list because time has passed. So here is a test post and let's see if it appears in "Recent Threads"....

I have just looked and it has not appeared (to me at least) in "Recent Threads", so it seems there is a glitch.

Perhaps people could check it now to add to the number of people who cannot see it.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
It appears on my recent posts section Steve , I'm currently looking at the site on my phone. Tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I can also see it on my lap top...

Ian M

S

Stevekir

Hmmmm Odd. However (assuming that the problem applies only to boats and only to me) I am unlikely to do a boat (although it would be interesting to see them via "Recent Threads").

First Name
Dave
Nothing showing on homepage recent threads for me.

It does show on recent posts but I tend to only check the recent threads

Dave

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I found it by looking purely at the recent posts. Same story different day Steve, something is wrong with a few of your computers. Try clearing cache etc and signing back in, see if that makes any difference.

S

Stevekir

\ said:
I found it by looking purely at the recent posts. Same story different day Steve, something is wrong with a few of your computers. Try clearing cache etc and signing back in, see if that makes any difference.
I will do that, but how can I clear the cache? Is it a forum cache (I can't find it) or a cache on my computer (I don't think I have one, I am on a Mac.)

Also, I can't find a record of my password for the forum and without it I would be unable to log in. Who should I send a private message to to get my password?

Thanks.

PS I have just looked at "Recent threads and this message does not appear for me. Others do, as usual, including my own posts in other topics (that is, different to this one: "Boats under construction") . Nor does your reply a few minutes ago about the password.

Last edited:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Try contacting Ian or one of the other Moderators, Steve for your password issue, you may have to reset it.

I'm not sure how to clear cache or history in Apple products. Try this guide and see if you can clear Safari's cache this way (after sorting out your password): http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-the-Cache-in-a-Mac-OS-X

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Try contacting Ian or one of the other Moderators, Steve for your password issue, you may have to reset it.I'm not sure how to clear cache or history in Apple products. Try this guide and see if you can clear Safari's cache this way (after sorting out your password): http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-the-Cache-in-a-Mac-OS-X
Thanks. I have cleared all my browser's caches, reset my password, logged on again. As I write there is a "Boats under Construction" by Skyraider, posted 51 minutes ago. I cannot see it in the "Recent Threads" despite the fact that there are older posts listed there. Also, this also applies to Firefox. I don't think I can do anymore. (It's not the end of the world.)