Testing the water

J

Jim Scott

Hi All, as mentioned in my other thread pictures of the test vignette to see how I get on with easy cast.

cut base from styrofoam, two figures each carved from a single piece of balsa.

View attachment 57564 Note one guys leg has fallen off:emo2: still that's what glue is made for:thumbsup:

View attachment 57581 Base with foam ground work and a doodle

View attachment 57582 Now covered with wall filler and a quick paint job

View attachment 57583 Started to knock up a catfish and some carp

View attachment 59511

View attachment 59512

View attachment 59513

View attachment 59514

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

J

Jim Scott

View attachment 57585 This picture in the last post is off the ground cover and fish(not to happy about the catfish may make another) the thread is to make the silk weed.

View attachment 57586 Ah the good old brush head, just right for bulrushes of all scales

View attachment 57587 Bristles cut to the appropriate length, bound up for a quick going over with some green acrylic paint.

View attachment 57588 Brushed cotton ready with the rain deer moss

View attachment 59515

View attachment 59516

View attachment 59517

View attachment 59518

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looks superb buddy

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Don't see much of this type of thing on here, not a tank or aircraft in sight, something different. Looks good Jim.

Tony.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
See now this is different.

I've considered doing a diorama of one of our carp fishing camps but never gotten further than the thought.

Ian M

J

Jim Scott

Thanks Chaps, I thought that I have been neglecting this experiment lately and desieded to put the Phantom(s) to one side for a bit and did a little more,

made up the fishing rods with reels with copper wire and plastic, the rod pod is made up out of solder, put the fishing line on..that took some time as I swear they are making those rod eyelets smaller..painted and positioned the fish and rods. Took some other shots of the figures ( you can see them a little bit clearer and they are with others (not for this vignette ). thats all for now folks..Jim

View attachment 61126View attachment 61127View attachment 61130View attachment 61129

View attachment 62710

View attachment 62711

View attachment 62712

View attachment 62713

1.jpg

2.jpg

image.jpg

3.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Jim.

So they're top action rods. lol

Fished carp for longer than I can recall. On a break at the moment due to problems with elbows and shoulder. Not fun casting or playing a lump :sad: Got out again a couple of times last year, and hope to get out more this year. Are you a carper then?

Ian M

J

Jim Scott

Sure am Ian, similar to you I haven't been out since August due to ripping my supraspinatus tendon playing badminton. Hope to get back out soon though..Jim

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
OUch. Just read what that is. and it sounds rather like my shoulder's latest trick. I reaches round to get my cell phone out of my jacket on the back seat of the car. (dont worry, the wife was driving). 14 days later and it still hurts like a hurty thing when I move my arm up/out or behind. Its a joyous thing to get dressed!!! I was informed a year or two age that this self same shoulder is "frozen", My elbows are worn out as are my knees. If I was a horse they'de have shot me by now. :confused:

Ian M

C

CDW

that's really unusual but well thought out and put together.

still impresses me about the wide range of topics we cover in scale modeling.

I carp fish too .... not the usual way though ... I go for them on the fly :smiling3:

J

Jim Scott

Hi All just a couple of pictures on the dio, did the first pour as per instructions with a little greenish brown colour mixed in..

View attachment 61580

After 24 hours poured in the second, with a little darker colouring, left it for quite a few hours then desided to move it to the top shelf were it would be safe...Wrong..as I picked it up it fell out of my butter fingers and landed upside down on the carpet, collecting carpet fluff knocking one figure of the rock and snapping the other figure off, you can just see his left boot in the second picture..and one of the trees whent for a burton..with a great sigh (or something like that) I placed it on the intended shelf and left the room, I returned a few hours later to re-access the damage and taking it from the shelf put my finger in the still tacky resin (let out another great sigh or something like that).

View attachment 61586 Ah well "the best layed plans of mice and men"..I will have a go at restoring it and let you know how I get on.

Jim

View attachment 63081

View attachment 63087

Water 1.jpg

Water 2.jpg