The Big Cat : the real one !

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great job Laurie, the Catalina's unique looks certainly make it stand out from the crowd. Is this an original Revell or one of their re-boxes ?

T

tecdes

I think it is a Monogram orginally Colin but my memory is a bit haze on where I got that from.

Certainly is not an original Revell. As usual I do not think they did a thorough look, Revell that is, to make sure they got it right.

It is rescue & it was not until my bain clicked in near the end when I thought what are all those machine guns doing in a pure rescue plane. If it had been rescue where there were enemy they would not have painted about 50% in bright yellow.

But it was a very nice model to build with few problems, except as said the absolute size of the thing, and the decals were magical and it does look spectacular. I do like building models with aircraft which have lots of 3D, bits & pieces & unusual looks.

Laurie

V

Vajled

I'm in love... great build all around, better to say fantastic build all around

And also 5*

Roman

T

tecdes

Thanks Roamn very nice of you to say so.

Does not half take up a lot of space on my shelves.

Laurie

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Laurie

I know this is a bit late in the day but I don't know how I missed your finished Cat. Anyway fantastic paintwork and some really well executed masking. Decals have come out really well, a belated 5*s from me.

Vaughan

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tecdes

\ said:
Laurie I know this a bit late in the day but I don't know how I missed your finished Cat. Anyway fantastic paintwork and some really well executed masking. Decals have come out really well, a belated 5*s from me.

Vaughan
Thanks Vaughan very nice of you. Takes up some room the only downside. Nice model to build a lot of distinct differences from the average run learnt a lot. One was to have a compressor which works well.

Laurie

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
that is very very nice laurie .throughly enjoyed looking at the pics .... the paint job is just perfect .. the display area is also fantastic . Is that a wellington that it is parked next too? rgds lindsey

T

tecdes

\ said:
that is very very nice laurie .throughly enjoyed looking at the pics .... the paint job is just perfect .. the display area is also fantastic . Is that a wellington that it is parked next too? rgds lindsey
Thanks Lindsey. Yes a Wellington. Actually it was only when I built the Wellington that I realised what a beautiful looking aircraft it is. The lines on it are just artistic.

Watch out for pictures of the last living Wellington landing in Jersey in the next few days. Unfortunately only dignitaries will be allowed at the airport !!

Laurie