THE BIG ONE! Sunday. 8th April. R.A.F. Cosford Scale Model Show (Nr. Telford, Shropshire)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
First Name
Ron
It's that time again when the call goes out to all the wasters and reprobates who are going the the show to gather under the Vulcan Wing in hanger 2 @12 noon on the above date.

Can we have a role call of those who will be going please, so we can sort out the catering arrangements.

To make it easier for the head count, can only the folks who intend coming post on this thread? Thank you.

Your Servants....

Sqn. Ldr. R. Suppards and his navigator D.D. Ekerslyke

john i am

SMF Poster
First Name
john
It's that time again when the call goes out to all the wasters and reprobates who are going the the show to gather under the Vulcan Wing in hanger 2 @12 noon on the above date.

Can we have a role call of those who will be going please, so we can sort out the catering arrangements.

To make it easier for the head count, can only the folks who intend coming post on this thread? Thank you.

Your Servants....

Sqn. Ldr. R. Suppards and his navigator D.D. Ekerslyke
You just maybe have the date wrong Ron. I'm sure you mean the 8th as the 6th is on Friday.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
First Name
Ron
You just maybe have the date wrong Ron. I'm sure you mean the 8th as the 6th is on Friday.
Quite right John. Date amended. I'm three score and ten today, so that's as good an excuse as any for a ball's up of the show date - apart from that I was a bit delicate this morning...:upside:

yak face

First Name
tony
I shall be attending in my official capacity as chief bargain hunter/ truffle hound/ bike stand. Clean pants at the ready , tunnocks on standby ,
Yours Donald j trump

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
First Name
Dave
Quite right John. Date amended. I'm three score and ten today, so that's as good an excuse as any for a ball's up of the show date - apart from that I was a bit delicate this morning...:upside:
You know I'm not one for bringing up old stuff, but didn't you get the date wrong last year as well?:smiling:

Steve O

SMF Poster
First Name
Steve
Me and the wife will be there, told her to bring plenty of cash.

What is on site parking like as I've not been before ?

Steve.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
First Name
Ron
Steve, there is loads of parking. You will be directed where by wonderful people in hi-viz jackets or RAF uniforms.

If you are coming off the M54, look out for the Brown RAF Cosford Museum signs. At the first set of traffic lights, turn right (S.P. RAF Cosford.) Follow the queue onto the base.

Entry to the show/museum is free, but there is a £3 parking charge. (At least I think that was the price last year)

It opens at 10am, but some folks seem to get there early to grab any bargains. We are all meeting under the Vulcan wing at 12 noon. The aircraft can be found in Hanger 2. The Cold War one. It has a fancy roof.

As you're taking your good lady, I'll see if I can persuade the present Mrs. Ron to tag along to keep her company.....

See you at the show.

Ron.

P.S. Entry to the S.M. party is a small packet of summat scrummy to share around!.....:hungry:

Steve O

SMF Poster
First Name
Steve
Steve, there is loads of parking. You will be directed where by wonderful people in hi-viz jackets or RAF uniforms.

If you are coming off the M54, look out for the Brown RAF Cosford Museum signs. At the first set of traffic lights, turn right (S.P. RAF Cosford.) Follow the queue onto the base.

Entry to the show/museum is free, but there is a £3 parking charge. (At least that was the price last year)

It opens at 10am, but some folks seem to get there early to grab any bargains. We are all meeting under the Vulcan wing at 12 noon. The aircraft can be found in Hanger 2. The Cold War one. It has a fancy roof.

As you're taking your good lady, I'll see if I can persuade the present Mrs. Ron to tag along to keep her company.....

See you at the show.

Ron.

P.S. Entry to the S.M. party is a small packet of summat scrummy to share around!.....:hungry:
Thanks for the info Ron looking forward to it now, see you there.

Steve.

yak face

First Name
tony
Well now that makes the magnificent seven , any more for this wonderful show?

Steve O

SMF Poster
First Name
Steve
Come on guys still time to add your names and make it a good meet, I have done my lists now and the wife's purse is almost empty.

Steve.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
First Name
Ron
Come on guys still time to add your names and make it a good meet, I have done my lists now and the wife's purse is almost empty.

Steve.
Steve, just to confirm, my wife will be coming along to the show. Tell your wife to bring her knitting along - Then we can sneak off!

Ron

Steve O

SMF Poster
First Name
Steve
Steve, just to confirm, my wife will be coming along to the show. Tell your wife to bring her knitting along - Then we can sneak off!

Ron
Will do Ron she is really looking forward to it, sneaking off now that's a great idea.

Steve.

yak face

First Name
tony
One week to go people , any more brave souls daring enough to come and fraternise with the Cosford massive ? If youre undecided bear in mind this is one of the best value shows on the calendar - not only a great model show with loads of club stands and traders (and unlike Telford the clubs are allowed to sell stuff too ,hence the undignified scrabbling under the tables!) but also free entry to the superb collection of aircraft, tanks , missiles etc that form the backdrop to the show - until youve stood underneath a Vulcan /Victor/Valiant/Lightning etc etc hanging from the roof on wires youve not lived! Theres also free entry to the Scale -Models chimps tea party round about dinnertime in the cafe ,where we gather to stuff our faces with eccles cakes ,Tunnocks caramel wafers and excitedly discuss our latest purchases like a flange of adolescent baboons. So if that doesnt put you off nothing will, come on guys let us know if youre coming , See you there 12 o clock on the walkway under the vulcans port wing !