The Calm Before the Storm.

F

Fenlander

Oh dear, this is all just too good isn't it. Superb work on everything and it would be hopeless to try and point out best bits. I like the fact that you mention the need to differ the colours for uniforms. It is amazing how modellers will readily do this on vehicles but then paint all their figures from the same pot, I am soooo guilty of this.

The best bit is though that all these individual parts are so strong in isolation but put them all together in a really well composed scene and it just jumps off the screen. Excellent work and something to aspire to.

I mean, just look at the guy with the telephone in the last pic! And the other two really are talking to each other just superb.

F

Fewzz

Looks brill!, the faces are awsome.

What colour did you do the vehicles in?

First Name
Ty
\ said:
Oh dear, this is all just too good isn't it. Superb work on everything and it would be hopeless to try and point out best bits. I like the fact that you mention the need to differ the colours for uniforms. It is amazing how modellers will readily do this on vehicles but then paint all their figures from the same pot, I am soooo guilty of this.The best bit is though that all these individual parts are so strong in isolation but put them all together in a really well composed scene and it just jumps off the screen. Excellent work and something to aspire to.

I mean, just look at the guy with the telephone in the last pic! And the other two really are talking to each other just superb.
Thanks Graham. Much appreciated. I used to be a single colour guy when it came to uniforms as well. I figured Field Grey was Field Grey and Uniform Green was Uniform Green. But then realized that they will lighten with age and wear. So for some of the uniforms I will add a drop or two of buff tp the green or grey so that some uniforms look older than others. Filters, washes and dry brushing can really fade a colour as well.

Anyway, thanks for having a look and cheers to ya!

First Name
Ty
\ said:
Looks brill!, the faces are awsome.What colour did you do the vehicles in?
Thank you. Both the Panzer I and Adler were primed with NATO Black. The Panzer I was sprayed with a 70 % German Grey & 30 % Neutral grey mix. Then all structure and panel edges were sprayed with a 70 % German grey & 30 % NATO Black mix. Then the center of panels and superstructure armour was sprayed with 70 % Neutral grey & 30 % buff. Then the whole tank was sprayed again with the original 70 % German Grey & 30 % Neutral grey mix but greatly thinned. I'm not sure of the exact ratio but 10 parts thinner to 1 part paint is pretty close. I think I ended up going to a 7:1 to tie some the shades together.

The Adler exterior followed the same process except the original spray was 60 % German Grey 30 % Neutral grey and 10 % Medium Blue. This was to change the tone of the colour when compared to the Panzer I.

Both vehicles got a MIG blue filter treatment as well with the Adler getting more than 3 times the treatments.

Selective pin washes and dry brushing were then used to bring out highlights.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

First Name
Ty
\ said:
Simply 5*, no question
Thanks Andy. Next up a sandbag armoured Sherman dio with lots of other extras. (Could be my first winter dio)

Cheers!

F

Fewzz

Ill soon be getting myself some of the Miniart items.

What i am thinking of doing is the Riverbank Dio , but i want to place this so the steps actually go down into water etc, still lots to plan though!

But as you have used Miniart to great effect have you ever used the one called Riverbank? from what i can tell the raised part does not have a back or any sides, thats really poor in my opinion but the sides can be made (Foamcore?) but asking you as you seem to know Miniart and may have this specific kit.

First Name
Ty
\ said:
Ill soon be getting myself some of the Miniart items. What i am thinking of doing is the Riverbank Dio , but i want to place this so the steps actually go down into water etc, still lots to plan though!

But as you have used Miniart to great effect have you ever used the one called Riverbank? from what i can tell the raised part does not have a back or any sides, thats really poor in my opinion but the sides can be made (Foamcore?) but asking you as you seem to know Miniart and may have this specific kit.
I think this is the kit you mean. I don't have it but have seen pics of how it's assembled. You are correct in that there are no sides or backing to the kit, which I agree kinda sucks. If you can find I would use the kind of foam board that's made for home insulation. It's much more dense and will provide a more solid base. If you can't find it though regular Styrofoam will probably be ok as the following pic shows.

Hope this helps

Cheers.

F

Fewzz

Thankyou!

I cant understand why they cant add at least two pieces of plastic for the sides, but anyways i have some foam laying around so ill use this if i do get this particular kit.

I didnt realise there was so much work involved on the Miniart kits, i have just seen there tutorials on the site, darn thats alot of work so why they so expensive lol.

Thankyou again.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Now that is a nice build and a delight to look at Ty, very nice work bud.

Have fun, John