The Calm Before the Storm.

First Name
Ty
Hello. This a re-post as my original post lost all of the pictures, due to Photo Bucket and their new third party hosting policy:

Diorama represents the pre-incursion of a Polish village during late Spring 1940. Although Poland was defeated the previous fall, occupation enforcement and partisan hunting was still an ongoing process. After the invasion of Poland the limits of the Panzer I were quite apparent and it soon began its phase out process to be modified for other roles (Ammo Haulers, Ambulance, Flakpanzer etc.) as well as being used as more of a security and policing type vehicle. I also tried to represent the two different styles of tunics that were in use during that time that were most easily identified by the earlier having the dark collars and the newer having the same color as the rest of the tunic.

Dragon Pz.Kpfw. I Ausf.A Modified w/Interior

Bronco Models 1/35 Kfz.13 Adler Armored Car

MiniArt Village Road

Various figures from Dragon, Alpine, and MiniArt

I split the diorama into two part for ease of moving and for judging purposes.

The Dragon Panzer I was painted with various shades of Tamiya gray and has a blue filter treatment. On-board equipment was painted with Vallejo acrylics. Artists oils were used for washes and dry brushing. Figures are a mixture of Dragon and MiniArt and were painted with Vallejo acrylics. Artists oils were used for faces and hands.

The Bronco Adler Armoured Car was painted with various shades of Tamiya gray and has a blue filter treatment. Some of the interior items were added from the spares box. On-board equipment was painted with Vallejo acrylics. Artists oils were used for washes and dry brushing. Figures are a mixture of Dragon and MiniArt and were painted with Vallejo acrylics. Artists oils were used for faces and hands.

ST002.jpgST003.jpgST004.jpgST005.jpgST006.jpgST009.jpgST010.jpgST011.jpgST012.jpgST014.jpgST016.jpgST017.jpgST018.jpgST019.jpgST020.jpgST021.jpgST022.jpgST23.jpgST024.jpgST025.jpg

J

Jens Andrée

First - FANTASTIC!!! :smiling: :thumb2:
I just love how alive you manage to make your dioramas and it's all down to your figures, their poses and the story each little group tells.
On top of this you modelling skills are top notch as per usual ;)

Second - are you using a large photo for the backdrop (the forest) or is that modelled too?
It looks really good!

Do a search for tilt-shift photography. I think you might like it with your skill with dioramas! (unless you already know what it is...)
It produces a totally different look and I'm sure it could add a new dimension to your dioramas and your already great photography!
I've planned to do some tilt-shift photography when I get to finish any of my vignettes and dioramas but I've got more work to do before I can call anyone of them "done".

First Name
Ty
Thanks for the kind words. The backgrounds I use are large photos that were made for scale railroad backgrounds. They work quite well for Dioramas as well. I have not had any experience with tilt-shift photography but after doing a search and seeing some of the results, I will be doing some research. Thanks for the tip. Cheers

First - FANTASTIC!!! :smiling: :thumb2:
I just love how alive you manage to make your dioramas and it's all down to your figures, their poses and the story each little group tells.
On top of this you modelling skills are top notch as per usual ;)

Second - are you using a large photo for the backdrop (the forest) or is that modelled too?
It looks really good!

Do a search for tilt-shift photography. I think you might like it with your skill with dioramas! (unless you already know what it is...)
It produces a totally different look and I'm sure it could add a new dimension to your dioramas and your already great photography!
I've planned to do some tilt-shift photography when I get to finish any of my vignettes and dioramas but I've got more work to do before I can call anyone of them "done".

T

tommy1drop

Excellent work Tyrel, there's so much to take in, I never get bored whilst looking at your builds, top notch :smirk:

First Name
Stuart
Excellent work. For me the detailing on the figures really stands out. Very inspiring.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Excellent work Tyrel,always enjoy seeing your builds,and this is another great one at that ,
just love the figure work,dose make one wont to be better,:hugging-face:

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ty,
This is brilliant finish on all of the aspects of the diorama I will be looking more of your work up over the coming week
regards Jim

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Tyrel great figure painting, a lot of nice details in your work, well done :thumb2:
Pete.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ty
That is superb. It all ties in so well together and yet each element is great on its own. Love the weathering and the armoured car is stunning. Did you have to modify any of the figures to get them as you wanted? I ask because they seem so perfectly suited.
Thanks for sharing this :thumb2:
Jim
Photo Bucket certainly caused a lot of problems for a lot of people :crying:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi,
Some excellent modelling And groundwork
Si

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I remember seeing this but I have no idea why I didn't comment - it's beautiful!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Ty,
This is really nice...cool modelling and groundwork. I have a bunch of stuff in Photobucket that I can't retrieve...sad.

Cheers,
Richard

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well done. Especially like the wood tones & fig work is excellent. PaulE

First Name
Ty
Hi Ty
That is superb. It all ties in so well together and yet each element is great on its own. Love the weathering and the armoured car is stunning. Did you have to modify any of the figures to get them as you wanted? I ask because they seem so perfectly suited.
Thanks for sharing this :thumb2:
Jim
Photo Bucket certainly caused a lot of problems for a lot of people :crying:

Hi Jim. Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for the kind comments. All, with the exception of one, are straight out of the box. The one I modified is the soldier in the armoured car closing the door. He got a new left arm and hand. I think I picked figures from about 6 different sets to find the interactions I wanted. Cheers.