The Carpet Monster is DEAD!!!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I've finally destroyed the dreaded carpet monster.....for good and all!

My wife found me crawling around under my work bench for a diddy bit of plastic (We've all been there, right?)

She just tutted and went away........Only to return with a good sized piece of black felt fabric.

"Try this." she said

It works a treat. A test drop revealed three things.....The light coloured bits are easy to spot against the black felt and just as important, the bits don't bounce, but stay where they land.....The third? My wife is a smart a**e!

I'm amazed how effective this stuff is.....get some!

Cheers,

Ron

C

CDW

I used felt back in England but the roll i had somehow managed to be transported to the tip with some other stuff when i moved.

If you can find a place that repairs pool/snooker tables you can ask them for any offcuts.

or even better, get some of the felt you used to cover dining room table in to stop it getting damaged.

They're both normally green in colour but bits still show up on them ok.

First Name
Andy
\ said:
I've finally destroyed the dreaded carpet monster.....for good and all!My wife found me crawling around under my work bench for a diddy bit of plastic (We've all been there, right?)

She just tutted and went away........Only to return with a good sized piece of black felt fabric.

"Try this." she said

It works a treat. A test drop revealed three things.....The light coloured bits are easy to spot against the black felt and just as important, the bits don't bounce, but stay where they land.....The third? My wife is a smart a**e!

I'm amazed how effective this stuff is.....get some!

Cheers,

Ron
What happens if the part is black...:ohno:

T

tecdes

OK Ron now see if you good wife has an answer for this.

Dropped a Harrier Nozzle sits on the side of the fuselage & provides propulsion. At 1/48 smaller than a thimble but still substantial & not as a pitot or aerial insignificant.

Dropped the thing while standing & working at it in front of the worktop. Slowly looked around before moving no nozzle. Then spent 90 minutes dismantling anything & everything in about a six foot area. Looked in all drawers bhoxes unwrapped things. Looked on ledges. Put it all back & went to watch Bolt.

Came back very disgruntled. 10 feet away from the drop site stood a large speaker on the floor. Moved it to get at another load of things. And there it sat proudly with a look of got you there. How it got there 10 feet away & then travelled under the speaker no more than the nozzle height.

So Ron's wife please sort that for me.

Laurie

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Showed the wife the replies......I won't type what she said! I think the implication was "Bo****ks, sort it out yourselves!" She thought it a good idea and it works for me!

Cheers,

Ron

C

CDW

It is a good idea .... if i could find some black stuff i'd be happy.

It's warm and soft on the tootsies too if you have your shoes off indoors :smiling3: :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Good plan. My dropped bits fall on slate and go for miles!

Steve