The HMS Victory

D

dubster72

Aww I thought you were building it Alan!

That'll teach me to look at where a thread is posted! doh!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Aww I thought you were building it Alan!That'll teach me to look at where a thread is posted! doh!
Patrick I do have one half built , revells 1/225 scale kit but it's an awfull kit but now I have seen this and taken loads of pics I'm going to do a dio of her in the museum with some figures walking on the deck as tourists :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I think it is about time you stopped faffing Alan and joined us RC boaty people and make one: Plank on frame... :D

She is a beauty, and still holds a majesty and power even though she is outdated.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Mate I would love to build a boat I could actually sale but as I've said before me and technology are not good bed fellows and if I built one It would Probably take off than sale lol

She was a fantastic ship and the history of her is amazing , every time I see her I have this amazing sense of pride :smiling3:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Alan, HMS Victory is a magnificent ship, I've been there as well, such an eerie feeling being on board, beautiful workmanship to her, come to think about it, beautiful ship!

I was based in Pompey in the early 90s, sailed passed her many a times, as well as HMS Warrior... :P

Lee :smiling3:

First Name
rob
hard to believe victory is still a commisioned warship within the fleet. we have relatives in gosport and i lost count of the times we used to sneak on board as kids pretending to be with mystery adults in front of us! id never try a model of her though.... the rigging in real life is just mind blowing.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
:eek:No way!!! :eek: I struggle to wire a plug:confused:...rigging the Victory...no a chance in hell! o_O

Lee :smiling3:

G

Graham D

I would love to build a plank on frame Victory, but the one I'd want to build is a bit expensive at over £700. Lee I like doing the running rigging, but the ratlines are so boring to do.