Thanks chaps. I appreciate all your positive posts.
As I get nearer the strong hold, I'm increasing the damage.
This one is all rendered and was the first one I made at the start of the build. I fitted the roof spars and then, just like others, I pushed my finger down onto the timbers until they snapped. I then added a few slates.
You will notice the round window has been bricked up. I didn't think I could make a satisfactory window to fit it, so bricks it was!
Here it is in place. I fixed it slightly on an angle as I didn't want a straight line to all the building fronts.
Steve - Yes, dioramareringing is fun, especially when I hit a wall and no ideas flow. then all of a sudden.......
The best part is I'm free from any potential rivet counters and wrong paint shade merchants. Not that we have any here on S.M.... I'm as free as a little birdie!
Before I got down to some serious building demolizing, I turned my attention to the stream and the two proposed bridges. One would be a single arch stone road bridge, the other a simple wooden walk way.
Before those were started I had an idea to create a bit more interest to the water by adding a weir at the confluence of the two streams. So that became the priority - before I forgot about it ......
Here is the start. A strip of polystyrene. Still got the flying paving slabs!
"Quite agree, too silly. Get some discipline into those chaps Sgt. Major!" ......(Monty Python sketch)
I'm afraid I've lost most of the stage photos of the weir build, so we'll have to make do with ones I have left. Sorry folks .... There again, I don't suppose you would want to see a load of pictures of a stream bed!
Here is the weir wall, stream bed and bank with some colour added. I just picked at the polystyrene with my fingers to produce the rocks.
I added some small rocks behind the weir lip and then stuck a piece of clear plastic from a food container over the whole top area.
You will be glad to observe the hanging paving slabs have been sorted. I just built up the corner with some adhesive and sprinkled floor sweeping on to the top surface.
A bit of coffee stirrer fence has also been added.
I'll put a bit of movement into the water at a later stage.
Next up I'll build the two bridges.