The Secret Trip (Finished)

S

Stevekir

\ said:
The top image has benefited from the tonal changes that's for sure, a lot more like it's been shot in natural light.The bottom image doesn't look as "atmospheric" to me, although improved visually, it's lost that "sultry" look :smiling3:
Yes, you're right. Its too technically perfect.

S

Stevekir

CDW: I tried adding a medium grey layer at 25% opacity and it adds a slight mistiness "end of a long shift ready for bed" look. You need to be an artist to get this sort of thing right.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hola mi amigo!

Polux what you have produced here is another master piece. The time you have used is clear in the quality of the piece. A fantastic diorama that has it all.

But how do you follow that! Excellent work Polux.

So you have done a winter dio, with all the snow and ice. Now this one with the deep and moody shadows. The Secret Trip. Even the title has an air of mystery to it.

Take all the stars you like. You deserve them.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Totally awesome Polux. What a masterpiece you have created. As a dio it is outstanding and as we look closer we can see many models that can be viewed separately and achieve the same excellent standard.

Top marks buddy.

Andy

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I too have given you three great builds for all three sections...but to be honest, the great build doesn't seem enough for this amount of detail and quality. Superb workmanship Polux a real treat to watch talented model makers do their craft, there are some real talented modellers on this site and you are right up there with them.

Si...awestruck.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Fantastic.

I agree with everything said above. That is right up there with the very best dioramas I have seen. I am very, very impressed.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
rob
sorry everybody...but this is the best model ive seen on the forum so far. that needs to be entered into a show or submitted to a magazine.. 1st class. speechless!

T

tommy1drop

Excellent work Polux, truly amazing, cannot stop looking at the detail....and those lights are pure genius!

Great build.

Tom

P

Polux

Errr....wow! :confused:

Yesterday, when I post this thread, just was thinking all you like it....but never mind this amazing response from all!!!

I'm feel very impressed with your comments!

Thank you very much to all again!!!

A new year is coming, and new projects to!!! Happy modelling to all!!

Polux

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Impecable , sin defecto , me encanta !!!!!!! Polux this is truly a masterpiece, a whole world in miniature , the effort and time you have put into this really shows . The night time pics are totally enthralling and are exactly as i imagined the scene in my mind . You are a true artist with a rare talent for visualising something then making it come to life , aplausos tony

P

Polux

\ said:
Looking again at your superb dio, do you have a photo editing program? Like Photoshop Elements (or the rather expensive Photoshop itself), or the several free ones like PhotoPad Editor, and others listed in about.com Nearly all photos can have their basic quality improved (I don't mean messed about) using them. For instance, here are two of your photos treated only by adjusting Levels and adding a little sharpening. To me at least, they make the pics even more impressive and seem to show the scene better:View attachment 73600 View attachment 73601
Good morning Steve.

As I said, days ago on your photography thread, I haven't, so don't use photo programs.

If I remember well, we have the same camera. Now I'm posting from my phone, if you want, once at home can send or write all the settings of the pics.

I always use the manual settings for the pics, and always forget the 'light display' on the camera. I try ever to shot with less light that 'she' said to need. ;)

Let's see.... I remember to shot the normal pics with 400iso and the 'diafragme' very close.

The night ones I use 800iso and very closed too, for every pic I wait about 8 seconds open shot.

Just tell me, If you want all the information of every photo :smiling3:

Polux

P

Polux

Thank you very much Tony, I'm glad you like it!!! :smiling3:

Cheers

Polux

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
The guys have said it already but you should seriously look at getting that put in a museum somewhere.

Gern

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Polux, I can't think of anything to add that has not already been posted either....only to write the pictures are just fine as they are.

It's just one superb master build.

Cheers amigo,

Ron

N

noble

Absolute bloody master piece mate i have been following this and it just gets better. Beautiful atmospheric night time shots, outstanding .

Scott

0ne48thtel

Polux I can't say anything else about this build that hasn't already been said well done. I am looking forward to seeing your next project

P

Polux

Thank you very much for your comments friends!!

Cheers

Polux