The Silhouette (Steampunk car)

P

Polux

Good morning!

Well...after a passion debate about the new releases... :P I have thinking with some comments from Richard (Bunkerbarge) this night and Paul P some days ago. –You choice your limits.... (this is the main idea)

So here I am!! I will try do built my own vehicle before start the new diorama, I think is a good idea :smiling3:

I will use the Peter’s car, the Bugatti Type 59 at 1/32 scale :P

View attachment 83982

Like seems all this kind of steampunk vehicles has his own names.....I decided to call mine “The Silhouette”. Have some ideas about what I want.....anyway, we are talking about a scratch build car, so I’m sure will be many changes during the under construction thread :P

Thanks, and hope you like the idea ;)

Polux

PS: I start the thread here because I don't find the scratch build section....:oops:

DSC_0389.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow what a good idea Polux, i cannot wait to see what you come up with, looking so forward to this one, :P :D

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
now thus is one im definatly going to watch!.....good luck with it

B

Bunkerbarge

Now this is going to be really interesting! I'm looking forward to seeing what you make of this.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great Polux I will join the rest and watch this unfold

And if you don't mind I will look at what I've got and join you in this little adventure.

P

Polux

This morning I have been at town, and come in on a watchmaker's...

Seems will be difficult, but maybe I'm lucky and next week I have some pieces from old clocks :rolleyes:

Thank you very much for your comments ;)

Ouch!! Forget!! I have to use bleach to stripe the chrome painted parts, isn't it? Many hours..? O_o

P

Polux

\ said:
Great Polux I will join the rest and watch this unfoldAnd if you don't mind I will look at what I've got and join you in this little adventure.
I'm really glad you join in Ian and don't leave me alone :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

I'm sure will be very funny!!

I'm waiting for your thread ;)

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
This morning I have been at town, and come in on a watchmaker's...Seems will be difficult, but maybe I'm lucky and next week I have some pieces from old clocks :rolleyes:

Thank you very much for your comments ;)

Ouch!! Forget!! I have to use bleach to stripe the chrome painted parts, isn't it? Many hours..? o_O
Here you go Polux. Not as bad as you thought!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=strip+plastic+chrome&FORM=HDRSC3#view=detail&mid=86827122FA49D418148886827122FA49D4181488

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Sounds like a good little project.

better stock up on brass and copper paint.

Put me down for a front row seat.

Ian M

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I shall be watching with great interest as if i still had it,it would still sat on the bottom of the pile.

Peter t

T

Tone M

Yesss!!!!!! ;)

Watching with far to much interest haha :D

A Bugatti is a great start imo, they're pretty steampunk'esk when new, and were way ahead of their time in the 1920's!

For eg, the Royal I'm building came with a 14.7 Litre straight 6 engine with overhead camshaft with 3 valves-per-cylinder..... Fueled by a single (!!!) carburettor and made 300 bhp, in 1928!!

Good luck Polux, it's going to be awesome! :D

D

dubster72

I'll be watching Polux, even if just to find out what ' steampunk' means!

T

Tone M

\ said:
I'll be watching Polux, even if just to find out what ' steampunk' means!
Just think of Jules Verne's idea of what the future could be like and you'll get the gist :smiling3:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Polux

That's the spirit!

I really look forward to this. And what's more I think you'll have great fun doing this.

Excellent stuff.

Cheers

P

P

Polux

\ said:
Here you go Polux. Not as bad as you thought!http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=strip plastic chrome&FORM=HDRSC3#view=detail&mid=86827122FA49D418148886827122FA49D4181488

Gern
Thank you very much Gern!! this is really useful!! ;)