The watchers

N

noble

Ok guys i have decided to join in on this, my last idea was becoming a little too complicated so i've opted for something simple but effective. The kit i have chosen is Tamiyas sdkfz 232 panzerspahwagen 8-rad, iam not quite sure of the paint scheme yet so i've went for a choice of 2, early 1941 or Kursk 1943.

View attachment 25395

View attachment 25396

View attachment 25397

View attachment 25398

View attachment 25399

View attachment 25400

View attachment 25401

View attachment 25402

View attachment 25403

View attachment 25404

View attachment 25405

View attachment 25406

Scotts group build 10.jpg

Scotts group build 5.jpg

Scotts group build 11.jpg

Scotts group build 8.jpg

Scotts group build 7.jpg

Scotts group build 9.jpg

Scotts group build 4.jpg

Scotts group build 3.jpg

Scotts group build 2.jpg

Scotts group build 12.jpg

Scotts group build 6.jpg

Scotts group build 1.jpg

B

bikerbart

Like it Scott, like it very much, loving the PE and Aluminium barrel with it, reckon tihs will be a corker mate :smiling:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scott, that looks like a really good model of the Rad. I can't say too much mor because I'm viewing this on my iPhone and I'll have to have a good look when I get home. Glad to have you on the GB, that's some damned speedy work you've done!!!

Paul

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Scott mate, did it just roll out the box like that!!!! its only taken you a day to get it together!! i know tamiya are good but this ones built itself!! Seriously though , thats a great looking model its going to look superb when its painted,, keep the pics coming , cheers tony

N

noble

Hi tony you know what they say about japanese tech it literally builds itself lol, but no it wasn't a particularly taxing kit to build being 35 years old but it did go together easy and very well no filler required at all. Besides Roy castle said it well dedications what you need. cheers for viewing and glad you approve.

scott

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
35 years old! you wouldnt think so it still looks superb,just like a modern tooling.I hope i look that fresh when im 35 (ahem!!) cheers tony

B

bikerbart

Looking great Scott, looking forward to seeing it painted up now, well done so far, regards Martin :smiling:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
35 years old! you wouldnt think so it still looks superb,just like a modern tooling.I hope i look that fresh when im 35 (ahem!!) cheers tony
Tony, ask your missus. She'll tell you whether you were that fresh at 35. Most women have long memories! LOL

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Dave, i like to think im like some of the airfix toolings- been around for yonks but still keep plodding on!!! I think ill be the yak 9 ,, LOL!!! tony

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
35 year old kit!

Jeezus, just goes to show how far ahead Tamiya were back then. With the barrel and photoetch that kit is bang up to date. Do you have anything planned for the RAD or will it be a stand alone model?

Paul

N

noble

Hi paul i think i have a little something planned, will still have to work out the specifics though.

scott

C

Cov1

Oooh a rad, nice.

Good to see they did an upgrade on the kit with PE and barrel.

Lovely.

Ade

N

noble

Hi ade yeah they have added a few extras i thought i'd do this as i have not seen anyone build one of these so i thought it was a little different.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hi Scott, I'm playing a bit if catch up!

Very nice mate and an interesting model.

I look forward to the next installment.

Ron

R

rogue-one

wow scott! thats some model! it looks quite complex. i still can't believe how quick you made it up.

N

noble

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Outstanding Scott and bl@@dy quick! How the hell do you do it!

Cheers

Paul

N

noble

Hi paul i usually take bits of mine into work with me especially on late shifts and can usually get a bit done there, glad you like it so far.

scott

F

Fenlander

Oh dear, am I glad the GB is not a competition.. I wouldn't stand a chance up against work like this. Stunning Scott, simply stunning....