Things we know that help, but do we do actually do them?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I've tried a clean up, well sort of. Did manage the work bench top and one side. After this I gave up and had lunch , then carried on with the box . I had a tidy floor, but now's winters coming I've suddenly found I've got a box of gardening sprays and feeds . Along with two large boxes of Pressed Coffee Logs for the burner . Think it's going to end up with another cull of diorama , probably into the attic.
When it's more presentable I'll post some photos .

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well Tim.....
... What can I say,apart from being very envious!! ;)
What a great set up you have there,and so " warm" looking too :smiling3:
Excellent stuff indeed Sir..... makes my "War office" seem positively puny!!
Tim,
Just been looking at your set up again..... What's with the 8 Rad box on the painting table?!!..... Is there an AFV in the offing that you're going to spring on us ?!! ;)

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Tim,
Just been looking at your set up again..... What's with the 8 Rad box on the painting table?!!..... Is there an AFV in the offing that you're going to spring on us ?!! ;)

Morn Mr. Smiff,

Tim finished that kit for the shelf queen GB a while back and should be in the completed section for your perusal Andy. That's probably the box artwork from it in the background...

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim,
That’s just the “poster” out of the box for an SKDFZ 263 that I did for the shelf queen GB earlier in the year. It was the one with the convoluted tale of the missing rear casemate door….scratched a replacement after it had been MIA for about four years, and while fitting the new one the old missing one fell out of the inside of the model :tears-of-joy:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Morn Mr. Smiff,

Tim finished that kit for the shelf queen GB a while back and should be in the completed section for your perusal Andy. That's probably the box artwork from it in the background...

Prost
Allen

That’s just the “poster” out of the box for an SKDFZ 263 that I did for the shelf queen GB earlier in the year. It was the one with the convoluted tale of the missing rear casemate door….scratched a replacement after it had been MIA for about four years, and while fitting the new one the old missing one fell out of the inside of the model :tears-of-joy:
Thanks both of you....
I must've missed that one, I'll check it out :smiling3:
Love the tale about the "lost" door...
...... CLASSIC ;)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Here’s something you know will help, but I think few of us actually do:

image.jpg

(With thanks to Frank Langeler.)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Standby for photos of the cave at Race Towers. Unlike Barry I can't often tidy up and I'm waiting for large sections of foam board to dry.
2022_7.jpg

This was after the tidy up !

Below the paint hurling area
2022_6.jpg

2022_9.jpg2022_10.jpg2022_11.jpg
Escape door.

2022_12.jpg
Old calendar I've just noticed. Nice place to call my own, used to be my office years ago. Feel lucky to have the cave.

Attachments

• 2022_8.jpg
    2022_8.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 2

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Now that’s well lit John…..when you turn those bench lights on the house light probably dim to compensate :tongue-out3: Nice working space though…..

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That looks excellent John. Perhaps, with a little tweaking, another application to the TBC would be favourably received. Enclosing couple of £10 notes would certainly help the committee to make the "right" decision.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
My anglepoise lamp just gets pulled over the front bench edge if I need to brighten the area and frighten off the carpet monster :thumb2:
I’ve got one of those magnifiers, with a round, fluorescent light around the lens, on an articulated arm that is bolted to my work surface. That also reaches down to underneath that surface and gets used more to look for small parts than at them …

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Some beautiful work on display Dzohn.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Now that’s well lit John…..when you turn those bench lights on the house light probably dim to compensate :tongue-out3: Nice working space though…..
Find I need to have plenty of light Tim. Tis nice , heaven on a wet cold day .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That looks excellent John. Perhaps, with a little tweaking, another application to the TBC would be favourably received. Enclosing couple of £10 notes would certainly help the committee to make the "right" decision.
Wow, Jim , I'm both supprised and feel honoured. Mind Christine would tell you I've missed the boxes stacked on the floor ! Shall consider your offer , could you make it a fiver ?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I’ve got one of those magnifiers, with a round, fluorescent light around the lens, on an articulated arm that is bolted to my work surface. That also reaches down to underneath that surface and gets used more to look for small parts than at them …
Very helpful for those searches I should think .I'll give it a try next time :nerd: