Thinning tamiya paint's for airbrushing

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Can any one tell me what the ratio for tinning tamiya paints for airbrushing and what's the best ready to use paint's for airbrushing.
You're help will be much appreciated.

D

dubster72

Yep I'd go with Bob's ratio, although I spray at 25-30 PSI. Tamiya paint goes on best with a wet coat & keep the nozzle close or you'll risk getting a orange peel effect.

Vallejo Model Air, AK Interactive, Ammo by Mig are all good airbrush ready paints. Some people still thin them a touch and/or use a flow improver or retarder to avoid clogging.

First Name
colin
Peter check out Andy's hobby's on YouTube his method for thinning tamiya paints.
It works brilliant. As Patrick mentioned i find 25-30 psi about right but since your on canned air you may need to adjust your regulator as you get down the tin
HTH

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I agree with Patrick about AK Interactive, Vallejo Model Air and MIG for spraying. I use these. But if you do not mind a paint that has a lot of fumes then the MRP paint range are just about the best you can get for an airbrush, but you do need an extractor fan. These paints are more like ink than paint and are gaining a large following.