Thinning?

A

AVB99

Hello

I have bought some Xtracrylix from John including RLM02 which will be used for camo. The pot says 15% thinning with water if required. I know there is available, an Xtracrylix thinner.

Ialso hear that it sprays straight from the pot.

Am unsure what to do. My own thoughts would be, if there is a branded thinner then use that - but then the pots say use water!!!!!

What do you guys do please?

Thanks as always.

Aidan

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi aidan , ive used xtracrylix and found them to be great. I spray them thinned with xtracrylix thinners , ive never tried water and dont think spraying straight from the pot would be very successful , so my two penneth is get some thinners and away you go! cheers tony

A

AVB99

Thanks Tony. What ratio of paint to thinners do you recommend please?

Aidan

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I dont really measure it Aidan, usually I just add a bit of thinners till the paint has the consistency of milk , i suppose it would be about one third thinner to two thirds paint or something like that . The best way is to slightly thin some paint and try spraying , then add more till it sprays ok , cheers tony

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I agree with Ian.Xtracrylix is one of the few acrylic paints I use! I've found that they don't all need the same amount of thinning but agree that about 20-30% is in the right area. I do use water but add my own drying retarder,something which is probably already in the branded thinners.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
What!?! LOL

I thin Xtracrylix with my Vallejo thinners. Works great and gives a nice smooth surface.

Cheers

IAN M

I think