Tim's mid life crisis build, Tamiya 1/12 Honda CB750F

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all
Here are some walk around photographs, not great pictures, but they'll do for now....
P1040487-2.jpg
P1040488-3.jpg
P1040489-4.jpg
P1040490-5.jpg
P1040491-6.jpg
P1040492-7.jpg
P1040493-8.jpg
All around the little beast...poor choice of background....sorry.......
P1040494-9.jpg
The helicopter pilot's eye view.....
P1040495-10.jpg
...and one from the jockey's perspective.....
I would sum this kit up as a good one for a first motorcycle build. No issues with parts fit, and quite a simple build when all is added up,
The only kit issues I had were with the decals. They didn't want to let go of the backing sheet. With the bigger ones I had parts floating free with other parts still stuck firm to the backing sheet. They also took several minutes soaking to free up at all......it all came out well in the end, though I had to join a couple up (No points for spotting them).
What woudl I do differently? I would try to find another way to fit things without the big Tamiya screws...and I may try to find slightly finer wire for the control cables. they look a little heavy to me. Lastly, I would strip al the chrome and replace it with Alclad. The plastic chrome just looks too plasticky for me....
All in all though, a very enjoyable build once I got going.....
Thanks for the support and hope you like the final result....
Cheers
Tim
you could have

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Paul, next is a 28mm Gandalf the white for a mate of mine, then some more Ansars that are looking well fed up because the’ve Been in primer for ages.....in between that lot I will start cleaning up the Suzuki GS1100 Katana from the stash.....

Thanks Pete.....wish it was real, it would have been a lot easier to pin stripe the wheels....

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Peter, appreciate the support....

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks T Bird, really appreciate that comment. If you think it’s real, I’d love to see the screwdriver you’d have to use to take the back wheel out LOL....

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I knew it was a model because I’ve followed your other thread, but when I opened this one and saw the first photo, I thought, “That looks just like a real one in that picture.” I bet that if you were to photograph it posed on, say, a concrete tile with a background that looks like a building wall, a lot of people will have genuine trouble telling that it’s a model.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Jakko, glad you like it.
That photography idea may be worth a shot later, I’ll have to think about how to do it....probably need to break out the good SLR as well, these pictures look a little grainy to me....

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Pity about the screws (paint 'em black so they don't send out?) but otherwise, very nice Tim :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Simon, glad you like it...may paint them like that, good idea......

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well apart from the background Tim I thought it was real. Splendid work all round.
John.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks John, that is exactly what my wife said, and she doesn’t normally even notice my builds :cool: Really happy that you like it.

Reactions: JR

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Superb result Tim, like the others said with a different background it'll be for real.:thumb2::thumb2:
Looking forward to see your Gandalf.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Fernando
Thanks bud, I’ll post Gandalf when he’s done (unless he comes out badly, then I’ll conveniently forget).
Cheers
Tim