Tim's mid-life crisis build...

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Jim, so do I ....couple of other things to clear off the bench first though.....

Thanks John, with a 4-1 pipe and engine tuning this one would howl, not whine :thumb2::cool:

X

Xarathustra

Nice, Tim!
As a fellow (ex) biker, I share your enthusiasm. I did build this in the 80's, along with a 350 LC
A friend of mine at the time had the 900cc version of the Honda which I spent a lot of time on the back of instead of chugging around on my CB 100N. It was several years before I moved up in capacity as I couldn't afford it.
I made up for this at the time by making the 1/6 1100R...and...dreamed :smiling:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi George, glad I’ve awakened some good memories for you...
The 100n was the small super dream wasn’t it? Popular as a learner when the 125 limit came in....
I had a mate that had the 250 Elsie, it was his learner ride...I remember it as dangerous....the power band was so narrow it could kick in on a corner and send the unwary off at a tangent rather than around the curve....he went up to a CB550 which was a much nicer ride. God knows what the 350 Elsie was like.....
Also, as it happens, had a different mate that had a CB900. He totalled his when he was sideswiped while overtaking, and in his words “did about 50 yards enforced breakdancing down the verge”.....
Happy days, we knew it was a great weekend when someone ended up in an iron lung......

X

Xarathustra

Happy days, we knew it was a great weekend when someone ended up in an iron lung......

:face-with-head-bandage::smiling:

Yes the 100N was a mini Super Dream. I then went to a GSX 250. It was some years (luckily!) before I got something quicker in the late 90's. I stopped riding around 4 years ago.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi George
My last bike was a GSX 250, took it in part exchange for the Kawasaki SR650 I’d had for a few years....we had just bought our first house and I needed the money.....what a mistaka da maka.....I only kept it a few months, slow enough to get into trouble but not fast enough to get out of it again. I always felt vulnerable on it..... Reliable though I believe.....

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi
Last bits now added so the build is complete....
I’ll post some finished shots soon under a new thread for finished builds.
Cheers all and thanks for the support...