Tommy's War Gloucestershire Rgt Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Tim - I was responsible for getting postcards of Spencer's 'Travoys' printed while at the IWM. so I know it intimately - Boss: ''Are you sure it's that pink?'' I dash off to the galleries to check before I have an expensive reprint on my hands.

Steve - I'm pleased that you can see an improvement in the blending. I find it especially difficult on the face.

John - Many thanks. I'm afraid that it looks as though we've worn out Christine's tapes. Nothing like a bit of H & B to get the paint flowing.

Andy - You have done a lot of the 1/32 offerings and superbly well. I'm not competitive, but there's nothing like seeing Mike's work to make you realise the long road ahead of you.

Jim - Thank you. He's finished - just waiting for the varnish to dry.

Reactions: JR

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hinge & Bracket were actually female equivalents of Flanders & Swann who did monologues, and comic songs late 50's - mid 60's Michael Flanders was wheelchair bound, due to polio, having been an outstanding athlete & actor in his youth.
You tube link * Flanders & Swann *
Dave

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - Glad you like him mate.

Dave - Yes Flanders and Swann. They always slightly terrified me as a child.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Flanders and Swann eh! I have both “At the drop of a hat” and “At the drop of another hat” in my vinyl record collection. Love the “Gnu song” especially, but “Gasman”, Hipopatamus song”, and the quite moving (at least to a railway enthusiast) “slow train” are great as well. Pure gold!
Funnily enough, I always thought Evadne and Hilda were based on Private Godfrey’s sisters Sissy and Dolly.....never thought about Flanders and Swann as role models...

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I see we are off again, :smiling:. No wonder some people think we are all mad !

Peter, looking good.
John. ( Still standing )

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Well done, another excellent finish

You have been at least matching box art photos all year,

this one surpasses the box art, by some way.

well done again

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - How we got on to Flanders and Swann etc I don't know.

John - Quick, Joe's in the garden, grab the chair.

Steve - Thank you. The box art is way better than mine here. Bit disappointed in the finish, but I did my best.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Dont be too hard on yourself mate. It looks pretty awesome to me. I certainly wouldn't have wanted him as my staff sergeant!:smiling2: