Tonys Arma hobby 1/72 Hurricane mk1 trop

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Got the paintwork tidied up today and after a couple of coats of Klear it was ready for decalling. Straight away I hit a snag - I never noticed it before ( and I dont think the makers have either ) but theres only four Aussie roundels on the decal sheet for each version ( camo or silver) whereas the colour profiles shows six . Luckily the spare decal stash came uo with another two of the same size . Its now decalled and drying . One thing though - the Arma hobby decals are VERY shiny , it might take a few coats of matt to blend them in . IMG_3992.jpegIMG_3993.jpegIMG_3994.jpegIMG_3995.jpegIMG_3996.jpegIMG_3997.jpeg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looks a very decent kit Tony. You don't see that many Arma Hobby kits built and very few Aussie aircraft. Good call using the etch seat belts. They look so good. Shame about the shiny decals. They look fine just extra work.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It's a good thing, the decal drawer saved my blood pressure a time or two.
Looking very nice as well Tony. Taking the Aussie landscape into account, The camouflage colours seam odd to me. The very dark green and brown seems more suited to a wet and muddy place. I am sure the RAAF knew what they where up to...

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
It's a good thing, the decal drawer saved my blood pressure a time or two.
It seems a strange omission doesn't it , especially as they included an erratum sheet too - they realised they hadnt included the white stencils for the half black underwing version but completely missed the fact they were two roundels short !

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Have throughly enjoyed this so far Tony not my thing but always enjoy the wingy builds ,good to see you don't seem to suffer the woe's of the airbrushing fraternity using Vallejo paints we know now where to send the next problematic person Idont use them personally never have but you seem ok with them. As a final leg pull Ian I dont think all of Australia is a cross between ayres rock and the gobi desert :tongue-out3: . Brilliant looking forward to the conclusion. Dave