Tonys Eduard Yak3 1/48

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
New compressor arrived wednesday but didnt get time to set it up till yesterday . Seasonal red nose now on ! Next up mask off the red and apply a bit of pre shading/ mottling ready for the underside light blue IMG_3317.jpegIMG_3318.jpeg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking very good indeed Tony! I must admit, I nearly went for the red nosed option but chickened out!

Keep up the good work!!

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Colour starting to go on now , Hataka AMT 7. Ive pre shaded certain areas to get a bit of interest in the colours- being mainly wooden in construction there arent a lot of panel lines or details to liven it up . next up top colours 06367F3E-2058-4D7E-9362-0632F55E0052.jpeg8D2013F5-6BD3-4745-8814-DB5BC499E7A2.jpeg26A95C2D-36E6-4056-B7B3-8268745D6CF5.jpeg

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tony

That's coming on nicely.....my son actually had a go at me for not doing this version as the one I did was not interesting enough!

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
IMG_3378.jpegIMG_3379.jpegIMG_3380.jpegGot the decals on now and Ive started to get the final bits fitted . The exhausts have been drilled out, painted and fitted and the undercarriage is now in place.Using wire Ive added some brake pipes and the sprung hinged linkage that closes the inner doors when the undercarriage is retracted as the tyre hits it . Ive sprayed the exhaust and gun staining and the rest of the airframe will be getting a pin wash to highlight the few panel lines and control surfaces.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely Tony. A much smoother paint job than mine.

But knowing much about these I didn't realise the wheel bay flap closed and opened as it did.... Almost elegant in it's simplicity!

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
IMG_3381.jpegIMG_3382.jpegOil wash now on and drying . I used dark grey for most of it and some dark brown round the engine , once this has dried ( tomorrow ) its just a case of cleaning it up , adding the aerial and canopy and its done , cheers tony

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
View attachment 498493View attachment 498494Oil wash now on and drying . I used dark grey for most of it and some dark brown round the engine , once this has dried ( tomorrow ) its just a case of cleaning it up , adding the aerial and canopy and its done , cheers tony

Coming on very nicely indeed Tony.....only 3 days to go and almost there!

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers andrew , its not often I manage to complete a GB in the time frame!

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Cheers andrew , its not often I manage to complete a GB in the time frame!

I've still got three StuGs on the go from Bob's StuG GB starting back in January 2020!!! :smiling5:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I've still got three StuGs on the go from Bob's StuG GB starting back in January 2020!!! :smiling5:
I thought I had the record with the B58 Hustler for the four engined bomber GB a few years back , it crossed the finish line a year after the end! Youve broken that record by two years ! ( so far !) :smiling5:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I thought I had the record with the B58 Hustler for the four engined bomber GB a few years back , it crossed the finish line a year after the end! Youve broken that record by two years ! ( so far !) :smiling5:

That's nothing....I started a Panther dual build with a member on another forum back in late 2015.......I've still not finished it......... :surprised:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
With a final push this morning its finished . The last few bits to be added after clean up of the oil wash have been done. The aerial on most yak 3s went through the rear canopy section to the radio so with a deep breath the canopy was drilled . I used 5 amp fuse wire for the aerial with insulators added from pva glue . The sliding canopy was now fitted in the open position and the final additions were the undercarriage indicator rods on top of the wings , courtesy of toothbrush bristles . Heres a couple of pics to finish off the thread and ill put up some more on a completed thread this afternoon .IMG_3395.jpegIMG_3396.jpeg