Tony's Lavochkin La-5

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Tony. What PE kit did you buy? I have been looking at this resin kit for the one you are building.

Vector Scale Resin Model Engines

M

msm2

Awaiting delivery of the PE kit,it is the one from Eduards. Not sure which one I have ordered now,will check later on.

Tony..

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking really good Tony, keep up the great work!

Paul

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi tony, i missed this one back in july and ive just seen it now, these recent zvezda 1/48 releases have got some rave reviews and they look superb. Looks like yours is coming along great, cant wait to see it progress. I notice its the early version of the la5 so is it going to be in the all over green over blue , there werent alot of colourful schemes for the earlier aircraft except for the 3rd GV IAP baltic fleet one flown by Dimitry Kostylev with the great big toothed mouth -(the plane not him!!) Keep up the good work ,looking forward to seeing her done, cheers tony

M

msm2

Looks like I may have to do some digging on the paint scheme for this kit. It has 3 paint schemes on the instructions. "White 60" 3rd IAK May 1943,"White 23"240IAP Aug 1942 and "White 04" 4th IAP 1943 flown by V.M.Dmitriev. Will do a bit more tonight all going well.

Cheers

Tony..

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Have a look at this link tony, its got dozens of links to other sites all to do with russian aircraft, very useful. cheers tony links to VVS, Soviet and Russian aircraft sites

M

msm2

Thank you Tony for the link,I could spend all night looking..

Tony..

T

treyzx10r

Tony looking good,that interior sure has a lot of detailed structure

Trey

M

msm2

Cheers Trey. Plenty of detail inside,still need to add some components before fitting the fuselage together. Engine needs touching up.

Tony..

N

noble

Nice job so far tony love the detail especially that engine.

scott

M

msm2

Late Update....

Got bored with kit......

The fuselage and some of the components didnt want to play ball so I placed the La-5 back into the stash for another day. Well I have decided to have another good at this La-5. Tonight I split the fuselage in half,engine out and some of the fuselage bracing came out no problem. Now a day or two cleaning the glue lines up and re-assemble it. Paint needs to be touched up in places because of glue.

Tony..

PS. It will be late.

S

Sky Raider

I missed this thread somehow. Great work Tony, looks real tricky and fiddly, nice work though. Are you realy putting it on hold.

Andy

M

msm2

Back out of the stash now. Split the fuselage,engine out, fuselage bracing out and have been cleaned up and glue lines on wings cleaned alittle. This kit will be finished.

Tony..

S

Sky Raider

Look forward to seeing the finished result. nice work so far, well done.

Andy

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Tony

Stick with it mate, it looks a really good kit and your progress to date is excellent. By the photographs the fit didn't seem to be bad at all but I'm sure there's very good reasons for splitting the fuselage. I'm sure with your skills it will all come good.

All the best

Paul