Tornado Black Thunder - disaster

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I quite like this scheme Adrian, should be a good looking model. Great start on the cockpit, if you've painted it already (hard to tell if it has because it is light grey) then you're on your way, because it looks smooth and splatter free :smiling3:

L

Laurie

Looks OK Adrian. Took me a time to get into it but once there there is no stopping.

Even smallish bits I now airbrush. Save all the small bits and have a session including changing colour. On some of the smaller bits it is easier I have found to airbrush instead of hand brushing. With airbrushing you get a quick coverage with out any grey grinning through.

Certainly would not have known it was your first attempt so all looks good. I do know that practice and more and more is good.

What paint and airbrush are you using Adrian ?

Laurie

M

Magicadey

the plastic is black. The airbrush is probably some cheap thing. One of those on ebay with a compressor and 2 brushes for about £65. will do for now anyway!. dual action brushes, one syphon and one gravity,which i used here. was a bit scary trying to choose the pressure and mixing the paints.

I used tamiya paints with some ultimate airbrush thinner

Been looking at a lot of youtube videos to get basic ideas, still unsure on how far to hold it and how much paint to expel. practice makes perfect i suppose!

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Been looking at a lot of youtube videos to get basic ideas, still unsure on how far to hold it and how much paint to expel. Practice makes perfect i suppose!
I hold the AB about 4" from the part, with 20 PSI on the compressor, and the trigger not fully pulled back. If using acrylic paint I spray enough to build up a solid colour but not to wetness if I can avoid it.

Yes, it is practice. I found that it came to me gradually.

M

Magicadey

air venty thing son side gone on badly. lots of filling and sanding. oh well was cheap

L

Laurie

Adrian. Can be like that on the best of models. Sure manufacturers like to test us and they do.

Also for sum an axillary sale. Filler and sanding sticks.

Laurie

M

Magicadey

was narly done. got frustrated with teh wheels and a bit broke..then i lost a piece, then a spilt loads of glue so i got in a tmeper and smashed the model :sad: feeling so gutted.. was looking good :sad:

Last edited:
L

Laurie

I suppose Adrian you can say you actually finished the model one way or another.

Get back in start another. I found with experience think it out take it slowly step by step. No easy way with model making.

Hope your second comes into land. My first, a Typoon WW11 type, things went wrong from day one until the end. Even went out and bought as second to enable me to complete after ruining a number of parts.

But finished it and it still looks down on the shelf, not in admiration, but I licked it with determination and it still has pride of place.

Laurie

M

Magicadey

Tbh I bought it for airbrush practice. Ebay too. Have a bf109 on the go. Just need to paint all camo. Eek. If it goes messy I'll winter it up with some white..