Tornado GB suggestion for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I've had the idea of a Tornado build for some time now and wanted to do one this year for myself but time and circumstance have been against me. A few members have also let slip they have Tornado kits in the stash and that a GB would be of interest so I'll go first - I have a 1/32 Tornado in the stash and I want to build it in a GB, who wants you join in?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have a 1/48 sitting in the box gathering dust.....
What kind of time frame are we talking about? 6 or 12 months..... ?

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I have several waiting in the wings. Would this be for next year or this one ??

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Rick
Depending on when this GB starts I might be interested
I too have the 1/32 Revell Tonka and the Flightpath upgrades - just needing an excuse to build it really and this seems perfect!

Cheers
p

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Look at you lot and your big Tonka's. Not fair. then again, Telford isn't too far off.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I'll put my name to this one for the "build" biggest I have, the rest are only 1/72. :cool:IMG_9453.JPG

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Look at you lot and your big Tonka's. Not fair. then again, Telford isn't too far off.
BTW, I may see you there Colin. i will be going this year. Looking at the list of traders it should be a good show.
Cheers
P

T

Tony

Bit new to all of this and just expressed my wish to join Rons afv anti aircraft gb but depending on timings i would like to join this one as well. I have the same kit as John has posted the picture of so just need the motivation to start building and a gb sounds the ideal way.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
BTW, I may see you there Colin. i will be going this year. Looking at the list of traders it should be a good show.
Cheers
P
I'm making sure my diary / calendar / decks are clear for Telford. My stash is so low, I can actually buy a kit or two this time.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I'm making sure my diary / calendar / decks are clear for Telford. My stash is so low, I can actually buy a kit or two this time.
I"ll be going on the Saturday. If you're about we could meet up. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to transport the purchases back to Kent. I'm giving serious thought to an empty suitcase!

I'm sure that a Telford thread will be started (if not then I'll post one) and we ca arrange a meet time.

Looking forward to the 11th Nov now!

Cheers
P

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Kit update looks like I can play with the big boys afterhaul just found this hiding at the back of the stash. :smiling3:View attachment 288652
:D:D:D:D:D Ha ha love the idea that your stash is so big that you didnt know you had these two tiny kits john !! Youre a man after my own heart ! I will put myself down as a maybe as I have had the mig eater decals and jp233's saved from the awful airfix 1/48 gulf war tornado kit for ages.This kit was so bad i binned it but saved the good bits . I keep saying im going to get a modern ( prob revell) tornado and do it in the gulf colours loaded with the jp233's. , cheers tony

First Name
Dave
I've got the Revell 1/32 ECR Tornado. So count me in. I've always wanted to try a resin cockpit upgrade. This seems the ideal kit as you will actually be able to see it when it's done. I've put the Aires cockpit ,Skyshadow pod and a decal sheet on my Christmas list. So I can build it as a GR1

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nearly there, just need one more.......Tony

Rick - Rickoshea52
Ian - Ian M
Joe - FlyJoe
John - John I am
Peter - PeterAirfix
Ian - Papa 695
Paul - Tr1ckey66