track plan

G

GlasgowRob

hey guys and gals

just starting back in the hobby after 6/7 years away

and not really sure what to get into again

got a good size loft 40ftx25ft so anythings really possible

would prefer to go back to moddelling modern image EM again but considering dabbling with O gauge again maybe early 70's era or even a bit of N gauge for a really nice complex layout with a few scale miles of track :smiling3:

anyone suggest a suitable track plan for a nice starter depot :smiling3:

A

adzam

how about a 1/16th scale diorama and we`ll bring our tanks down rob ;)

i`m not really a railway man as i have no space :sad: , but i`m sure you`ll get some info in here mate

nice to se you .

C

CHRIS

I would have thought that with 40ft X 25ft available N gauge would be far too small. You are not going to see the trains on the far side of the loft!Visit this link http://ngaugesociety.com/modelling/start/introduction.htm for some good starter tips and ideas. You will be impressed.

Sonic will be too!

Cheers

Moped
I would love to have that sort of space for my N gauge layout, it would make an ideal group layout wiyh proper length trains and it could even have more than one main area of interest :terrific:

B

Bexhill Donkey

anyone suggest a suitable track plan for a nice starter depot :smiling3:

I have created track plans using Hornby Virtual Railway. These are available for download from UK TrainSim.

S

Spyderman_uk

Whichever scale you go for you can design your own track plans with Xtrkcad. This is a free program. I have recently downloaded it and am just getting to grips with it.

I like OO scale as there is a lot of stuff available from many manufacturers and Airfix military vehicles are a matching 1/76th scale.