Triumph Toger 80 in 1:9 (conversion of Italeri kit)

First Name
Peter
Hi

Finally I managed to make some pictures of finished motorcycle. Hope you like it  ;)

1_2.jpg

2_1.jpg

3_1.jpg

4_1.jpg

5_1.jpg

6_1.jpg

7_1.jpg

8_1.jpg

9_1.jpg

10_1.jpg

11_1.jpg

johnm93

SMF Supporter
That is beautiful, mate.

I saw the kit I my LMS last week and nearly bought it - must resist.

Can I say one thing? A bike at that time in the UK would have been required to have a front registration plate.

They were banned in about '74 or so.

John.

K

kintosh

Super model, great job. I had a 1964 Triumph Tigress in metalic blue long time ago.

Bob

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
that is quite simply gorgeous!!  :x :x

First Name
Peter
Thank you guys for your kind words. This is really motivating.

johnm93 thanks for the tip on the registration plates. Health and safety goes first! Same is with the Jaguar figure on car hoods. Pity it's gone but I heared it could rip a pedestrian apart in case of accident.

I need to explain that the idea of this model is a "restored motorcycle, chained to a post box in modern times". I did some research and around 1930 British post boxes were green. Later on they were painted red due to fact that they were hard to find  ;)  Besides I believe in those wonderful times noone would have chained anything, and using a post box for such purpose would be a crime and offense to the royal person whose initials are on the post box.

Best regards,
Peter

johnm93

SMF Supporter
Ah, I see.

In that case, drill the four holes where the number plate would have been mounted - they often seem to have them on 'restored' bikes.. xD

John.

M

Mark P

That is a superb build Peter! When I first see it I did wonder about the chain though ;)