True-earth - airbrush

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi,

Has anyone had any success / tried to airbrush pigments from true-earth;

http://www.true-earth.com/

No matter what combinations i had set up last night there was no way my airbrush was going to help me out and spray these pigments. resorted back to a wide hairy stick for the base

D

dubster72

I never spray pigments as they're particles in suspension & said particles are much bigger than those in paint.

Hairy sticks rule in this case! ;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Never heard of them before but I do spray Vallejo pigments without any hassle.

The big question is how big is the nozzle on the AB and how thick a mix are you trying to press though it.

I mix the vallejo pigments with mat varnish and thinners to a "normal" airbrush thickness. What is normal for me might be all wrong for you so ratios are a wast of time.

I use a 0,35 and works well enough that I can spray anything from a feint all over mist, to a thin line or a good thick splatering of mud. Which by the way needs building up slowly or it all runs off in a blob. Ask me how I know that :rolleyes:

Ian M

L

Laurie

\ said:
. Which by the way needs building up slowly or it all runs off in a blob. Ask me how I know that :rolleyes: Ian M
OK Ian how do you know that ? :D

Laurie

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
They come in a liquid form - suspended in water i believe so are already as thin is if not thinner than a normal paint mix for the airbrush, very confusing. What didnt help was i thought i would deep clean the airbrush, but unscrewed one to many parts and the trigger fell out !!. I knew what needed to go where but could i get it back in that stupid metal tube - well yes after 2hrs of trying !!!!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
OK Ian how do you know that ? :D Laurie
I was trying to build up a real cake of mud in the wheel arches of a jeep and Thought I had it sorted. Went to make a coffee and watch a film and three hours later the Jeep was very firmly attached to my desk. Four wheels axle deep in 'mud' In fairness it looked rather good. A happy accident. Unfortunately things went very much tits up when I tried to free it from the desk!

Ian M