trumpeter 1/16 panzer iv

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real liking the look of this one,Steve,well done on the weathering of it,;)

P

Polux

Nice!
I'm really wishing to see you working on the outside chasis...:rolleyes:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thank's monica , I'm having a lot of fun with it , can't get over paul doing 2 at once , hell of an effort .
it is a big job,but in some ways maybe easy than making a small Dragon kit,with 1M,bits to it,:D

S

steve5

Good work on the wheels, always a pain to paint them for me, so well done there Steve
builder , the black tyre part of the wheel comes separate , so unfortunately I still have a lot of taping and painting to do :sad:

M

Morpheus

Looks like a great build project, what you done so far looks great.
I'm still waiting to start my first build :smiling3:

S

Spree

thank's colin ,monica , I just told myself I'm a fair way into the build , and then I look at the part's that are left , groan !!
have to get a stencil made up the moggy Iv
I was like that with the thousands of tiny windows on my current build. Lots of swearing, lots of putty and nearly 3 months on the drilling process alone..... loved it.

S

steve5

got the track's just about finished , all 600 pices . sorry colin LOL

Attachments

• IMG_20170102_134312[1].jpg
    IMG_20170102_134312[1].jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 11

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great progress Steve, you're certainly much quicker than I am! The interior is coming along nicely - the engine, gearbox and final drives look great in place.
have you posted pics , I would love to see them
Here's the build thread for the Panther.
http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/pauls-tricky-normandy-panthers-in-1-35-1-16.26395/
I'm afraid I stopped the Pz.IV build and it I think the threads been deleted built is still under construction as part of a much bigger 1/16 project.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of the build.

Cheers
P

D

dubster72

Looks like you're cracking along with this one Steve - especially as I can see the lower hull being built up in the background ;)

S

steve5

Great progress Steve, you're certainly much quicker than I am! The interior is coming along nicely - the engine, gearbox and final drives look great in place.

Here's the build thread for the Panther.
http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/pauls-tricky-normandy-panthers-in-1-35-1-16.26395/
I'm afraid I stopped the Pz.IV build and it I think the threads been deleted built is still under construction as part of a much bigger 1/16 project.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of the build.

Cheers
P
Looks like you're cracking along with this one Steve - especially as I can see the lower hull being built up in the background ;)
And there's me worrying about 180 track links cracking job so far mate
thanks guy's , I had a day's holiday's over x-mas so was able to get really stuck in , back to work now , such is life

S

steve5

just had a look at your build paul ,I'd need an engineering degree for that one:confused: , really nice work, hope you get back to it soon friend ,
my token effort at something other , saw a thread on u tube how to make the hinges work , had a go , really pleased , ordered some extra long drill bit's for the other hatches .IMG_20170101_193720[1].jpg

D

dubster72

That's a great idea Steve - one of the benefits of the larger scale. Now you can display the transmission :smiling3:

S

steve5

dry fitted the top ammo boxes , radiator and front divider , toying with the idea of a brass top on the radiator . now to make some more ammo .

Attachments

• IMG_20170105_164924[1].jpg
    IMG_20170105_164924[1].jpg
    73 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20170105_164901[1].jpg
    IMG_20170105_164901[1].jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 20

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin