Trumpeter 1/24: Fw 190 D-9 "Yellow 11"

B

BigZimmo

Hi folks!!

Here comes another "Dora" from my assembly line. It's Trumpeter's Fw 190 D-9 in 1/24 scale. A kit with a really good fit, but it has some goofs inside. The tail wheel looks a little bit like a Donut and there are no rivets at the root of the turbocharger's air intake. In the cockpit a bit more detailing would have been nice but with a closed canopy it's okay.

My model should be the "Yellow 11" of II./JG 2. Only I was startled by Trumpeter's painting instructions for this aircraft. The Chinese stated to paint the D-9 in RLM 76 for bottom and fuselage sides and RLM 82 and 83 for the top. The "Yellow 11" was a rather late builded aircraft, so I found this standard paint for not quite correct. So, get to the computer and into the research. This promoted many different data to day and also with other hobbyists who have already built this Dora was not a model exactly like the other. In addition, I got the "Broken Eagles" picture book for the Fw 190 D-9. There you can see the three probably only existing pictures of the "Yellow 11". Unfortunately, as the title of the illustrated book already suggests, in the state "Broken Eagle". But still you could determine something on the basis of the three scrap images. Of course, there is a lot of room for speculation and I do not claim that my Dora is 100% like the original here.:nerd:

Dear modelling mates !!!
I wish you and your families a "guten Rutsch" (as we say in Germany) tonight and a happy new year. For 2018 all the best, luck, health and continue to enjoy modelling.
I'm looking forward to all the new cool aircrafts, tanks, figures etc. from your workbenches.
Let's rock it!!!!!!

All the best from Germany
Stefan "Big Zimmo":smiling4::thumb2:

comp_Fw 190 D-9 Gelbe 11 (3).jpgcomp_Fw 190 D-9 Gelbe 11 (4).jpgcomp_Fw 190 D-9 Gelbe 11 (5).jpgcomp_Fw 190 D-9 Gelbe 11 (6).jpgcomp_Fw 190 D-9 Gelbe 11 (7).jpgcomp_Fw 190 D-9 Gelbe 11 (8).jpgcomp_Fw 190 D-9 Gelbe 11 (9).jpgcomp_Fw 190 D-9 Gelbe 11 (10).jpgcomp_Fw 190 D-9 Gelbe 11 (11).jpgcomp_Fw 190 D-9 Gelbe 11 (12).jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
fantastic looking Dora Stefan! beautifully finished as always, All the best for the new year , cheers tony

P

Polux

Magnificent paintwork Stefan! Very nice :tongue-out3:

My best wishes too. Have a great new year!