Trumpeter 1/24 Zero

V

VintageJDM

Hello,

I am going to attempt my first kit in 15 yrs, so ive picked up this 1/24 zero:

But before i start i was hoping someone could suggest a database where i can retrieve paint codes and reference pics?

Im hoping to paint this in acrylics and try my hand at battle damage, weathering and panel line work. Basing the plane off of Saburo Sakei.

Thank you.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just about the most comprehensive paint conversion chart can be found HEREUltimate Model Paint Conversion Chart - Paint4models.com

Just type in the colour codes you have and check off choice of paints that you can get hold of or like to use. Its not 100% but its pretty good.

Ian M

V

VintageJDM

\ said:
Just about the most comprehensive paint conversion chart can be found HEREUltimate Model Paint Conversion Chart - Paint4models.comJust type in the colour codes you have and check off choice of paints that you can get hold of or like to use. Its not 100% but its pretty good.

Ian M
Thank you kindly for the link :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Your welcome JD.

Feel fee to to share your build on the forum. It will be great to see that big bird go together, and if you find that you need a bit of help, some one will come with a suggestion.

Just open a thread in the aircraft section in Under Construction.

Ian M

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Looks a good one that big Zero be nice to see your build. Starting the Tammy 32 scale Zero in a couple of weeks myself when the 190 is done.

V

VintageJDM

\ said:
Your welcome JD.Feel fee to to share your build on the forum. It will be great to see that big bird go together, and if you find that you need a bit of help, some one will come with a suggestion.

Just open a thread in the aircraft section in Under Construction.

Ian M
Hi Ian, I will definitely share the build with the forum once i muster the courage to start, at the moment i am just doing the rudimentary search for paint codes and reference material, having alot of fun researching Sakai's career as a fighter pilot.Im awaiting some vallejo paint to come from the uk, but i went out and bought some vallejo primer in the grey so once my consignment gets here ill have grey and white primer. Ive been spending alot of time procrastinating about the build, watching youtube tutorials, so once i get the paint i should be right to go lol

Might even incorporate battle damage after reading about a dog fight in which Sakai flew back to report after being shot in the face.

Thank you Ian.

\ said:
Looks a good one that big Zero be nice to see your build. Starting the Tammy 32 scale Zero in a couple of weeks myself when the 190 is done.
I look forward to watching your build Barry, hopefully i can learn a thing or two.

Does anyone on the forum print and sell customized decals???