Trumpeter 1/48 Savoia-Marchetti SM.79-II Sparviero (Hawk)

T

Triumph

Hi people, so an out the box build, with just a little mod to open up the hump, otherwize a stright foreward job......but then came the camo....the model is all brush painted so took a few days to paint needless to say. Hope you like.
ohhh and the decals were a nightmare as they would not peel from the backing, theres only 10 of them and 6 gave me trouble but all was fine in the end, I elected to have the codes on the white panel because TBH you could not see them on the camo otherwise. So not bothered that it's wrong like that.
Found me a hot sunny airstrip :smiling3:

and a little dio as to how she will be on display

Box art that I followed(ish)

Last edited:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
One of the best models I have ever seen Peter, and Dave has described the detail and finish in one word-beautiful.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Lovely camouflage work Peter. Love the display and photographs, very well done indeed.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Excellent paint work, I love the scheme.  Trumpeter decals are the worse and I would always get aftermarket decals with their kits.

B

BigZimmo

Really a great build with an excellent work on the camouflage-pattern...... :smiling3:

T

Triumph

So on display up in the spare room

Love me truck, It's die cast and I think it looks the part

No 1/48 Italian ground crew out there so volunteered a few Germans :LOL: 

To make my display a little more interesting, found myself a cart that was ideal for the torpedo

T

treyzx10r

Great looking Sparrow Hawk! I did this kit a while back and had to get a/m decals ,but other than that its a good building kit. That cammo is excellent ,very nicely done Sir!

First Name
Mike
I'm sure I've seen/commented on this on another forum, but it's so nice it warrants another post. Fantastic work, that paintwork is superb.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
You had me going there for a moment.....wondering why you posting photo's of the real thing! ^_^

Excellent work, amazing camo paint job! B|

T

Triumph

Hi people so I was still working on the model, and it's been given it's matt coat also given a used look with oil leaks, exhaust stains and general dirtiness..  So that should be it :smiling3:

K

Kressy_13

Great work mate. That camo is awesome and the little dio looks the part. Top stuff.