Trumpeter .Ch tz s65 Tractor Diorama

D

Deleted member 6559

Looking great John. There sure are some fiddly parts there - nightmare stuff in my opinion!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks guys .
Ian .... More to come soon .
Steve ...... And a rivet, what more could you want, oh pweter ,maybe ! Have ordered a set of German figures from MiniArt Of course they will have to be altered , but one of the poses is spot on .
Dude 1...... Loving this buddy, seems to be going well .
Peter ...... With out that head magnifying set I don't honestly think I could do any of the small stuff . My large desk optiviser at 1 .75 was no where good enough. Ive been using the 2.5 and 3. 5 lens .
Well nothing today ,apart from one never to be seen again linkage on the plastic kit side glued to the under sde of the drivers deck . Tomorrow after my gardening job I hope to get some more done. Had a rest today and potted on plants in the greenhouse .
Thanks for the comments .

John .

Last edited:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
John,
Just looking at all that tiny stuff has given me a headache:smiling5:
Si

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Missed you then Si posts crossed ..
After several hrs you just go with the flow :upside::upside::upside::upside:.
John

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Sorry Racy this completely slipped my radar good stuff thus far ,don't they do one with a cab ,l know they do in 1/72 for the sake of a few parts you'd think one box two choices sorry moaning again , like the fact your using one left over from elsewhere....bash on fella will try now to keep with it Dave.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi David.
Thanks for looking in .
They did or do a version with the cab, but having seen a photo of a field conversion using a Mercedes truck cab gave me an idea for one with a Gaz or BM truck cab . I wanted to do one with a field modification. My cab came from the remains of the Stalingrad dio.
I have since found a photo of one with a BM cab .
John

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good afternoon gang.
The Devon hoard have left the building, long drive back 5-1/2 hrs. Been great seeing them, and no damage sustained to any models. A great present for Christine to see them all .

Did a bit during the week added some detailing since the last post. The engine was mounted into the frame, not a straight fwd job as no real instructions given, it is a matter of lining up the radiator , the top engine cover and the drivers end. Althought I had double checked the engine height several times, , but it will only sit in the frame in one place I still had to remove the top of the airfilter at an angle. All seems to fit and looks right to me .
Using the Tankograd book and the walk round given by RZ models i've really enjoyed my self peering through 2,5 & 3.5 lenses attempting to do the detailing. Used wire that came with the kit for some and some of mine as well .
Stand by Cpl Jones the PEWTER was brought out from the safe and an arm made for a control lever.
IMG_3062.jpgX5.jpg
Pweter on the right hand side to the left of the rad. As for the rod I had to use thin Evergreen Strip, and even put a nut head on the lower section of the arm..:nerd:
The main pipework from the engine to the injector on the lower outside part in white took several hrs. Shown by those black lookinh pipes. Also have some power cables from the starter on the other side of the engine. I wanted to show some leavers on the bottom right. There were some PE parts in the kit, but I felt the bent wire would look the better size. Trying to CA the wire to the some very thin points drove me to cut them off , and drill them out. Far better , the wire ends popped into the holes , a drop of CA , job dome.
IMG_3046.jpgX2.jpg
To the side of the drivers fuel tank at the rear is supposed to be 2 PE box' s that fit into the angle side, well completely out of my depth I've had to admit defeat. Looking at the instructions the show the completed boxes, but for the life of me I can't understand the bending. There are lines showing where a bend goes , but some of the bends are also put the other way. I tried both of them and called it a day. When the cab is on I shall make some up from plastic sheet. ! Some things I just don't get. :crying:
The rad front was not too bad, had 2 goes at bending, looks a bit knocked about, more in keeping no doubt. IMG_3049.jpgX3.jpg
Lastly the driver, after several hrs of searching including checking out Steve's findings I came up with
IMG_3079.jpgX2.jpg
At the moment the guy holding the control leavers is having some advanced surgery , I'm using another leg from one of the other seated figures , with a bit of fettling the two legs have fitted, will have to use odd arms a well to look right as the arms of the first driver are wrong in reaching the leavers for steerage.

Back to normal tomorrow ( yes Si I know I'm not normal myself ) so will get a move on with the drive train .
Thanks for looking in, comments welcome, good , bad , indifferent , or plain rude.:flushed:
John .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
John

Terrific update mate. The engine has turned out really well. Mr T will be happy with both of us using pewter:smiling3:. Good luck with the amputations and I look forward to seeing how the figures turn out

Steve

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey Dude 2,

So you haven't been sitting around eating cake and getting lazy these past few days. A really nice job on the motor my friend and it sits just right in the frame. Good work and you didn't let the resin beat you down or the plumbing either.

The driver fig looks like he will do the trick. I guess you are going to Russianize him a bit, huh??? Good luck doing the Frankenstein on him...Oh, check your inbox if you haven't already and best wishes to Christine!!!

Prost
Allen

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great looking engine John, the plumbing just gives it that extra detail to catch ones eye.:thumb2:
Have fun with the surgery of the figs.

Fernando

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
A’noon John,
That engine is a thing of beauty and honestly, you’ve made a great job of it:thumb2:
After seeing how well you got on with the Stalingrad figures and the experience you’ve gained, I’m sure you’ll find these a lot easier.....hopefully :smiling4:
Si

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great build, looks like you are having a ball with it...

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I see your dabbling in the dark arts (scratching, resin & PE) has garnered some grins & excellent results. PaulE

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Fun, fun, fun :smiling5: Progress is great. The engine looks brilliant.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi guys.
Steve ..... Yes we might get a star at this rate from the Master . Frankenstein will have nothing on me :flushed:

Dude 1 ........ Only had 2 pieces of cake, and yes Christine loved the message :blow-kiss-2:
Should have said that the figures would have to change sides, might only use of the set for the driver, will search for a couple more later .
Fernando...... Hi mate , hope your well, The Walk around is really helpful , shows a nice clean machine, so you can see all the detail of the wiring and pipe work .Some I won't be able to do as it would be hard to replicate.
Si...... Thanks, I think the head set has allowed me to see far better and has given me the confidence to attempt the smaller details . Much more enjoyable when you can see what your doing !
Paul ...... Thanks mate. :thumb2:
Guy ....... Very kind of you to say.
Tim........ Yes , really enjoying this.
Paul ........Cheers buddy, getting more daring in my old age !
Jim ...... Fun indeed, and not put off now I can see the thing !

Thanks for the kind comments,. It really does do the mojo well, ready for a good week . Part of the cab is drying over night , held into a set square to ensure nothing goes a miss .
John .

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looking smart John. It’s all starting to come together. Great job can’t wait to see what you do with the figs.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Lee.
That's both of us :hugging-face:
John

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Nice progress there John, I feel your pain with PE bending, sometimes you can look at a piece a dozen times and still not figure out how they've done it.
Mick