Trumpeter .Ch tz s65 Tractor Diorama

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I vote for truck stuck while trying to ford a river. A chance to model the bulldozer modifying the river bank to facilitate the pull. PaulE

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Dudeski 2,

I vote for the truck and will play devil's advocate here. The 65 doesn't have a winch and it will be pulling something semi-stuck in water or mud. Not being sure of it's dead weight pulling capacity, it would have to be pulling a very light tank. Maybe a 40, 50 , 60 series or maybe a BT 5 or 7 as Fernando mentioned. Therefore I would go with the truck or truck with trailer, etc.

On the other foot, you are doing a fantastic job so far on the 65. Truly impressive work! I really like the big screen TV stand with room underneath for a DVD player and some stereo equipment. Your woodworking skills are incredible Sir!!! I tip my hat to ya Dzhon...

Prost
Allen

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Looking the bee's knees for sure. Love that tool box.
My vote would go for a heavily laden truck in mud. Just bogged down on a muddy track with a load on the back. You wouldn't even need to model a lot of the load if you had a tarp thrown over most of it.
Jim
Dave just beat me to it :thumb2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
JR

I am with our German friend on this one. Tanks usually pulled tanks out of heavy mud and up embankments. In worse case scenarios two tanks to pull one.

9cce8e7d76436cb8bb8faec57a47cef1.jpg

It depends on the dio you are going for. Your tractor on a road pulling a light tank out of some shallow mud could be conceivable. However a truck would probably be a more realistic use of your tractor. I like PaulE suggestion a lot:thumb2:

As for the build its one of your best despite all the issues with the tracks. Whatever you decide I am sure it will be another winner. Keep on truckin!

Steve

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi gang.
Thank you for all the support and suggestions. Unfortunately it has all gone down hill at a great rate.:cold-sweat:. i will tell more......
This was the truck.
_MG_3220.JPG
I thought it fitted the bill perfectly.......
one engine, loved building this apart from knocking things off as fast as I glued them on.

_MG_3223.jpgA2.jpg
This next part is not for those of a delicate state, and certainly not for me with the way I am now feeling. _MG_3225.JPG
I tried to follow the instructions, just look at the state of this.The springs don't fit, the pro shaft doesn't reach and I had the dam thing square at one point.
Leaving this I thought i'd make a wooden back.
_MG_3226.jpgA3.jpg
yes the pewter was take out, cut to lenght and tooled from the back to give the bold head look.
_MG_3228.jpgA4.jpg
Well that part went well, a few things to smarten up and bits of PE from the kit to fir. having already been knocked off.!

Just now I attempted to put the floor pan into place and the dash board didn't line up with the engine. I re drilled the floor pan to enlarge the holes. When I tried to fit the whole thing just folded up , resulting in a complete failure. Its now back in it's box.

Going to look at a small tank, as don't have any more trucks, nor want any either. I had such high hopes for this, have to realise that small parts on chassis are just not meant for me.
Thanks for looking in, I will be back with a tank soon .
John .

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That's tough John.

But you are doing the right thing. Walk away from the build - for a while at least.

These things happen to us all at sometime or other.

Pour yourself summat and relax.

Ron

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking at that bro, it ain’t you, it’s the kit! Forget it and move on. You can burn that truck later.....
Tim

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Definitely the kit John!. As Ron says, walk away from it and start on something selse. Good luck.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sounds like a future wreck to delight us as all poorly designed models should. Move on to something fun. You love gardening/mud. PaulE

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
There are times when it is best to start anew - and this is one of them. On with a tank.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
A bummer on the chassis one tip if I may is with prop shafts cut them in half where the smaller diameter meets the larger diameter then drill the larger out to allow some plastic rod to move up and down in it. this allows you to adjust the length to fit the gap I have done this on a couple of builds. Great work on the woodwork.

Marty

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martin
John....the hobbyboss trucks can be a bit of a bugger coz of all the tiny bitz so the guys are right...try something like the tamiya bt7...quick search found this pic...
BT7_salvage.jpg
Ok its Finnish, but the idea is there...similar tractor and towing capicity etc so no reason why not in 4BO???..onwards and upwards
Cheers...Marty

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good evening all and firstly thank you for the support.
Ron .....I walked round the garden , had a cool drink and consulted the Management. Christine said , " Well it just wasn't ment to be , start on another kit instead " So I have .
Tim....... Thanks mate,. but to be fair to Hobby Boss maybe it's just to fiddly for me. The instructions were written by an ex Dragon employee I think, some things were shown upside down, then would be the other way up on the same page !
All very confusing.
Peter........ Cheers, you know only to well the feeling when you realise you can't make anything of it .Found a T40 light tank, only to see it's made by Hobby Boss again, hope this is not going to be my MiniArt !
Paul ......... Yes it safely back in the box, as you said just waiting for an appearance as a wreak. Best thing to do at a time like this.
Jim......... Thanks, and correct on that !
Steve...... Feel cross that it beat me, I sat there looking at the mess of plastic after it broke and thought that's it, now time to change the statement under my name !
Paul .... That's a handy tip, if I ever build a truck again please remind me ! The wooden part was the best thing of the build along with the engine , thank you for commenting on that.
Marty .......Nice to see you, yes I could have used that as it's in the stash. The S65 was able to tow the largest of Russian artillery with out any problem . I have a photo of the S65 towing 3 fully laden trailers through thick mud , and another of one towing 3 limbers and 3 guns . The choice was large , but as the T 40 looked good I went with that .
Tonight I started on the hull, about the 8 part was a long length of PE, one eack side under the fender along with another section PE that needed bending. . Well you can image the language, ************. ************* :worried: Out with the "Small shop jig thing and 10 minutes later two brass rear mudguards . Having managed this I cracked on. Top rollers fitted , one side of suspension arms on .
Much better end to the proceedings, after all it's ment to be fun !
Thank for giving me a lift !
John .

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Great work there John, I like option B with a group of muddy people too.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Mick.
There will be plenty of mud, and deep too, it's got individual plastic tracks !
John

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
John,
it happens! I've got lots of models part built in boxes, all having reached exasperation and frustration levels that were damaging my health! I keep on thinking that one day I'll have another go, but that day rarely comes!
Back into the saddle as fast as possible - with a nice relaxing build....................
Dave

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning John,
Sounds like that truck tested your patience with it’s dodgy instructions....shame because I had put this on my birthday wish list :sad:.....Oh well...it is what it is, move along, nothing to see here!

Hopefully a simpler tank build will fit the bill for you....fingers crossed mate
Si