Trumpeter paint mixer

zuludog

SMF Supporter
I use mostly enamel paints, like Humbrol and similar small (14ml?) tins

I've been browsing the Scale Model Shop and noticed the Trumpeter Paint Mixer, 09920. Is it any good?
Easy to clean?
Any danger of splashing paint out of the tin?

A

Awins

I use mostly enamel paints, like Humbrol and similar small (14ml?) tins

I've been browsing the Scale Model Shop and noticed the Trumpeter Paint Mixer, 09920. Is it any good?
Easy to clean?
Any danger of splashing paint out of the tin?
Can't vouch for the Trumpeter one, but I use a Badger. Its battery powered and dosnt throw the paint around the room in use. Wouldn't be without it.

First Name
Wouter
The Trumpeter one is the same one as the Wave one. Don't have it myself yet but some famous youtube modellers use it all the time and are happy with it. It's on my wishlist.

Cheers

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I have the Trumpeter one - it was a couple of quid cheaper than the Badger, and looks the same. It works well, even on some old jars of Tamiya acrylic that have been standing for a few years. I usually keep it spinning while slowly lifting it out of the paint so that the spray it throws off stays inside the jar. It then goes into an old jam jar full of thinners - a quick spin in there gets most of the paint of it, then a quick spin against a brush wet with thinner cleans the rest off.

Pete

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I used to use a cappuccino frother from a pound shop with a modified mixer - cut down and bent.