Turkish Air Force 100th Anniversary: Spitfire Mk.Vb in 1/48

B

BigZimmo

Hi guys!!

I hope you had a great new year. For 2015 all the best, good luck, health and many great models.

Here comes my latest "turkish strike":

In July 1944 39 Spitfires Mk.Vb were sent to Turkey from RAF Mediterranean stocks. They were followed by further 71 Mk.Vc’s and three recconnaissance versions, all of which arrived in February 1945. They were replaced by the P-47 D Thunderbolts and more modern Spitfires Mk.IX in 1948.

This Spitfire comes from Hasegawa. The assembly was straightforward, just a bit of putty at the transitions of the individual sections.

The painting I have done with colors of Vallejo (Model Air), Revell and Model Master.

It was followed by a washing with dilute oil paint and some aging with various pastels.

The gun barrels I've replaced by cannulas. Finally everything was sealed with matte varnish.

Cheers

Stefan:smiling3:

Turkish Spit (1).jpg

Turkish Spit (2).jpg

Turkish Spit (3).jpg

Turkish Spit (4).jpg

Turkish Spit (5).jpg

Turkish Spit (6).jpg

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That's great stefan and something different did you buy the kit with these markings or did you add your own :smiling3:

B

BigZimmo

\ said:
That's great stefan and something different did you buy the kit with these markings or did you add your own :smiling3:
Hi Alan!!

The Hasegawa-Kit contents decals for a turkish version.

:smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Happy new year Stefan ! and a great build to start off 2015! Nice to see a spit in Turkish markings for a change , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice start to 2015 Stefan, and nice to see some different markings on a Spitfire :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Happy new year Stefan ! and a great build,nice and clean like the paint work,and always nice

to see some think with diffidence marking ;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great job Stefan. Not seen one in these markings before.