Two questions

J

joep

I'm building my first model car (a 1/25 1951 Chevy Bel Air convertible) is it within reason to upholster the interior and seats? I've often been accused of trying to run before I can walk and I don't want to set myself up for failure. Thanks for reading

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Hi Ian, personally mate, I'd go with whatever you feel you can take on...... I don't know much about the Chevy but "flock" is good for carpets and fabric seats. Comes in loads of colours. You just use some PVA glue and apply it by gently sieving it through a tea strainer. With a little practice you can get a really good finish. Google "flocking"..... You'll find loads of stuff on there.

Peter

J

joep

Thanks for that tip on flocking .I've seen it used in model train layouts.That would make a good carpet. As for the seats I'm thinking more like a leather look

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
one idea i have seen used for seats, but not tried myself, is to use the wrappers that After 8 mints come in....you take the little envalope and scrunch it up.....glue it on with pva.........it has the look of old creased black leather