Two Three Alpha Scorpion, 3 Troop, 'B' Sqn Blues and Royals, Falklands 1982

M

mobear

looks bloody awesome,straight from the falklands lol,you have this modelling malarky down pat don`t you

mobear

First Name
Aaron
Yep im with Ole Andrew that mud does look awesome.

B

Boldman

and so we come to the finale of my totally enjoyable build. I present to you, Scorpion callsign 23A, 3 Troop, 'B' Sqn Blues and Royals as it appeared in May-June 1982 during the Falklands Conflict.

Larger Version

Larger Version

Larger Version

Larger Version

Larger Version

Larger Version

Larger Version

Bit more mud applied, this time mixed with acrylic resin (all MiG stuff), plus some soft pencil rubbed onto edges to simulate wear and of course the figures. I've just realised looking at the photos that one of the driver's goggles is still white as the Krystal Clear I used to make the goggle lenses hasn't totally dried lol!

The only things that are still missing are the decals... there are only two of them which I'll print on the works colour laser tomorrow. The two decals are the small black square with the callsign marking and the broken red square squadron marking. The registration numbers have been overpainted (there is a difference in the colour for this but the camera can't pick it up) and unfortunately I forgot to put the Convoy distance markings on before adding all the mud - so they've obviously been totally obscured by the mud - ahem!

The commander's face doesn't show up very well in the camera which is a shame as I spent quite a bit of time on it this morning!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent job andrew!! The scorpion looks fantastic , as does the base . Youve really got the feel of a cold ,windswept, marshy terrain, the way the scorpion has churned up the soft ground is brilliant. If i might ask a small favour , can you get a few pics close up with a bleak grey sky behind (shouldnt be too hard with our weather!!!LOL!) it would be so fitting. A definite 5 star job , cheers tony

M

mobear

5*s all the way mate,watching this through construction then seeing this finished,beautifully done weathering and detailing looks good enough to have been there first rate

mobear

First Name
Aaron
Wait what wow, This has really turned out great. Everything looks right and i really like the base matting and mud.

I keep scrolling up for another look.

Job well done Andrew

B

Boldman

Thank you everyone for your kind comments, it adds an extra frisson to the pleasure of building the model in the first place :smiling3:

Now I've got the Scorpion out of my system (I've been wanting to build this for over a year!) I may go back to the Miss Demeanour build and progress that a bit further

M

mobear

yessssssssss pleeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeee lol

on a personal note i love that plane

mobear

C

CDW

Nice finished dio Andrew.

Looks spot on even without any markings :smiling3: ..

***** from me