TYPHOON AFTERMATH 1944 1/35 diorama

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Hi Ron iam looking for a palm tree as the only place you generally see them in the desert is around an oasis...could this be a clue:nono:, i have seen the thread on how to make them but i'm not that talented and the website heathers trees seems to be shut down. So i can't seem to find anything in the scale that i need so if you have any ideas let me know. As for the schnellboot the thing is huge so iam still thinking on that for now but i do like the harbour idea.scott
Yes, I followed the palm tree thread. There were some good ideas but, as you know I'm a garden rooterounderer and I still recon small fern fonds are as good as any.

Get out in your garden Scott, whilst it's still light and have a look around!!!!

N

noble

Got it

\ said:
Yes, I followed the palm tree thread. There were some good ideas but, as you know I'm a garden rooterounderer and I still recon small fern fonds are as good as any.Get out in your garden Scott, whilst it's still light and have a look around!!!!
Hi Ron got the palm tree so the dio is on, not sure wether to post it in the under construction as iam building or just put up finished pics when done...... what do you think?

scott:music_too

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
If it's nearly finished I would be inclined to wait until it's complete.

The final decision rests with you.

Which ever way you jump take your time, and when you are happy with the project show it to the 'panel'

Ron

D

dubster72

Hi Scott as Ron said, if its nearly done, probably best to wait until its finally complete but I was thinking how it might be of interest to the guys & perhaps a useful guide to the less-experienced to have a 'beginning-to-end' record of a build. What does anyone else think of that? Patrick

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Hi Scott as Ron said, if its nearly done, probably best to wait until its finally complete but I was thinking how it might be of interest to the guys & perhaps a useful guide to the less-experienced to have a 'beginning-to-end' record of a build. What does anyone else think of that? Patrick
noble (Scott) and I have both done stage build dioramas very recently (see under construction) but if anyone else is going to build one soon it would be great to see another on the go.

Ow's about it Patrick?!!!!!

Ron

D

dubster72

And I enjoyed them both Ron, they gave me plenty of inspiration! I do have a King Tiger that's built but needs paint & finishing so maybe I'll do a stage-by-stage on that...maybe! Patrick

N

noble

Hi all no it isn't started yet but it will be within the next two weeks so i will put a step by st up on under construction.

scott

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Good to read you are putting another stage build diorama on, Scott.

It pleases me that more modellers are having a go at these and more importantly, having the confidence to do a thread showing progress, knowing that no matter how modest the build there is never any adverse or negative comments only genuine praise for the work that goes into these projects.....keep the dio's coming!

:cheers:

Ron

R

Richard B

god i love a good dio! some of the ones posted on here are amazing jobs!

Cheers all for the contributions

Rich

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Real nice work bud looks like a real scene 10/10Geegad

T

treyzx10r

Ron that is amazing pic #7 with the water is my favorite ,nicely done Sir!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Wow! I didn't expect this to be resurrected to the 'Front pages'. I presumed it would stay lurking on Alex's (AJay) Panther damage help thread.

Not withstanding, thanks chaps for the great comments, I appreciate them and it's nice to see the busted Tiger again....

Cheers,

Ron