U.S 21/2 ton cargo truck

P

pointblank0

I can't believe how real that engine block looks on page 1. Very impressed with that top cover. How did you get the oily blend so accurate if you don't mind me asking?

Rob

B

Boldman

Very impressed with the weathering job and looking forward to seeing the figures and bridge!!

N

noble

\ said:
I can't believe how real that engine block looks on page 1. Very impressed with that top cover. How did you get the oily blend so accurate if you don't mind me asking?Rob
Hi Rob i used artists oil paints mixed with turps into three washes the first is black and brushed all over the engine then left to dry, the second was burnt sienna and allowed to dry the third was burnt umber. hope this is helpful.

scott

N

noble

Cheers all i appreciate the great comments and i hope you'll keep watching.

scott

P

pointblank0

\ said:
Hi Rob i used artists oil paints mixed with turps into three washes the first is black and brushed all over the engine then left to dry, the second was burnt sienna and allowed to dry the third was burnt umber. hope this is helpful.scott
Great advice. Thanks

H

Hunty22

Stunning, simply stunning. Did you paint the wood on the bridge? Soooooooo realistic! Great job.

N

noble

\ said:
Stunning, simply stunning. Did you paint the wood on the bridge? Soooooooo realistic! Great job.
The wood is easy you paint a base coat of Tamiya XF57 Buff then you brush it over with a wash od burnt umber oil paint and allow to dry.

scott

N

noble

Hi Andrew i've used insulating foam, you know the stuff with the silver foil on both ends for wall insulation it is £3.00 for a sheet which has done three dios so far. The stuff works like a charm and you can shape it with a knife or saw hope this is useful.

scott

S

Sky Raider

Great work there, the vehicles are spot on. Cant wait to see this one complete.

Andy

N

noble

Heh Ian it's starting to get quite crowded here abouts...LOLOL what happened to the cosy little group lol.