U.s.s. Arizona bb39 1941

D

deckape

Ahoy

I,m new here on the forum I would like to share my scratch built 1/192 scale U.S.S. ARIZONA BB-39 , this is a scratch built project useing carstock wood and metal built from builder plans of the Original . she is wearing the Measure 5d Dark Gray with Pale light gray this color was used from 1940 to October of 1941 she went into refit and re painted to measure 5s Sea blue with Pale gray fore contoll stations, from the funnel line to top.

Franklyn Day

Retired U.S NAVY BMC

M

m1ks

Hi and welcome, would love to see the model.

I've seen the arizona BTW, or what can be seen of it under the water at Pearl Harbour, a truly fascinating day out to the memorial and Pearl Harbour which was coupled with a WWII DUKW to transport us there and back and go for a cruise on the water before returning

D

deckape

Thanks Everyone for your wonderfull reply I am haveing a problem with uploading my ARIZONA pictures I dont understand how to upload my attachments. If you can kindly help me on this I will be more then happy to show off this build for you to enjoy,

Franklyn

S

Sky Raider

You did it, and a very nice job of the model to, well done.

Andy

M

m1ks

That looks very nice, how long did it take from initial planning to completion.

D

deckape

Ahoy shipmate

It took me 16 years to build it is made from paper wood and metal no plastic the hullstations were made from plywood and the hull construction useing cardstock, all of the 5 inch and 14 inch guns were turned useing a lathe,

M

m1ks

Wow, you are a very patient man, think we'll need to get Graham to extend the Group build time if you're planning on taking part in one :smiling3:

It must be very nice to look at it and know that everything in it is made entirely by yourself though.

D

deckape

miks

Thanks for the reply I would like that very much i have 2 Arizona kits Trupeter and the old Revell kit, Let me know what scale or any model will do it is winter now this is the time i build ships. Thanks for your reply once more.