U.s.s. Oregon 1898

D

deckape

Ahoy

Here is a build of my 1955 Ideal kit of the old Battleship U.S.S. OREGON McKinleys Bullgog of Manilia Bay. I bought this kit back in 1955 I was 15 years old back then I bought this on my paper route money I saved up for the cost back then was $1.98 It came with a Electric motor and it had a cam that ran off a gearbox simular to that of old Lindberg kits. I decided to scuttle the motor and the innards of the running gear, The model laid Idol for 45 years and I decided to go ahead and restore it to a static display peice. After all those years Glencoe has bought the old ITC molds and presented View attachment 21239their model of the Oregon. MODLERS BEWARE iF you attemp to build this kit there is an option, to make authentic or right out of the box. I built View attachment 21238mine useing builder plans from a company www.marlylandsilver.com they have a great assortment of model builder plans for this porpose.To make the View attachment 21237kit right you have to remove the whole intire hurricane deck the 9 inch Barbett kounts have to be raised the 14 inch barbett turret mounts done thView attachment 21236e same. alot of plastic has to be removed I wont go through detail on how to, but here is the commador Deweys Bulldog of the Spanish American War.View attachment 21235

View attachment 28218

View attachment 28219

View attachment 28220

View attachment 28221

View attachment 28222

PICT0001.JPG

PICT0005.JPG

PICT0006.JPG

PICT0007.JPG

PICT0009.JPG

M

m1ks

Very nice, you're obviously keen on your ships. under $2 for a kit like this, I wonder what it would cost now?

D

deckape

miks

If this model was still in the box un opened scince 1955 it would be worth $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and then more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$44444 built already ik am less doubtfull if worth not much, But the greatist value to behold is personal value.