ULTRASONIC CLEANERS

First Name
rob
bought this little gem brand new from ebay for twenty pounds. works a dream for deep cleaning your airbrush. each cycle takes three minutes and you can reset it straight away. for general daily cleaning i just drop the whole ab into the basket with a drop or two of washing up liquid into normal tap water. for more intensive cleaning, strip down and place components in basket with a splash of either ultrasonic cleaner or your usual ab cleaning medium. also fab for doing the dragons bling!

View attachment 76339

View attachment 76340

View attachment 76341

View attachment 76342

downscale model art 117.jpg

downscale model art 118.jpg

downscale model art 119.jpg

downscale model art 120.jpg

T

tecdes

for the benefit of any one contemplating buying the seaweed type liquid cleaner do not bother. It. does less than as Rob has mentioned washing up liquid.

Just cleaned all the paint that accumulates on the metal pegs used for holding pieces when airbrushing.

Put them in the washing up liquid mix soniced and left a few hours. The old thick acrylic just peeled off.

Not tried the airbrush yet. Do you save back the airbrush cleaner Rob as otherwise it must be a bit expensive.

LaurieLaurie

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
also fab for doing the dragons bling!
They are good for that, which is also the perfect justification for buying one. You can then 'borrow' it to clean your airbrush :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

First Name
rob
\ said:
for the benefit of any one contemplating buying the seaweed type liquid cleaner do not bother. It. does less than as Rob has mentioned washing up liquid.Just cleaned all the paint that accumulates on the metal pegs used for holding pieces when airbrushing.

Put them in the washing up liquid mix soniced and left a few hours. The old thick acrylic just peeled off.

Not tried the airbrush yet. Do you save back the airbrush cleaner Rob as otherwise it must be a bit expensive.

LaurieLaurie
yes laurie.. the ultrasonic cleaner is very expensive so i filter mine through an old pair of tights. i reuse until i judge that its too dirty. i get my moneys worth mate!

S

Stevekir

\ said:
yes laurie.. the ultrasonic cleaner is very expensive so i filter mine through an old pair of tights. i reuse until i judge that its too dirty. i get my moneys worth mate!
I use one drop of washing up liquid in very warm water (for my airbrush). I think its main effect is to reduce the surface tension so that bubbles have less chance to form (at least that is my theory). Seems to work for effectively nothing.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice one Rob, I am looking into one as stripping my AB is getting too fiddly for me, this could be an easier option.

Si:smiling3:

What an excellent piece of kit. Think I might just get one to try, thanks for the idea:D