Undoing glued joints

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi folks. Yet another discovery as a result of a happy accident.

Lots of you have commented about using brake fluid to remove old paint. I put some parts into a container last week and forgot about them until today. Lo and behold, not only has the brake fluid removed all the old paint, it's also removed all the glue from the joints and the components have fallen apart.

I've no idea how this has happened as the Revell Contacta I use is supposed to 'weld' the separate parts together. Any ideas anyone?

Meantime, it maybe useful to try if you've ever done summat daft like forgetting to put bits into aircraft fuses before joining them together - like me!

Gern

R

Richy C

Ding Dong , Dave only this weekend I`ve had a right result with a job lot 1/12 tamiya F1 cars and with the deal got 3 others that were scrap yard fodder , now gonna have a go with your put them in and forget em method , if it works happydays if it goes belly up nothing lost

Nice one mate

Richy

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A great tip Dave.

Just had a thought, with this technique you can build the same kit over and over again.

No more kit buying, Mmmm, but thats the best bit,:fool: lol

Tony.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
No more kit buying, Mmmm, but thats the best bit,:fool: lol

Tony.
Half the pleasure of modelling is building the stash rather than building the kits! :lol

Gern

PS Hope the idea works for you guys. I'd hate to think you're gonna end up with containers full of melted plastic!