US GIs Alpine 1/35

F

Fenlander

made a start on all four heads that come with the two Alpine figures. There is no way I am going to even attempt the eyes on these....

Anyway, had a go at the faces but as usual, they are not good. Might look better once I have painted the helmets and stuck them on the bodies but I doubt it. From a few hundred feet away, they don't look so bad ;)

Alpine%20GIs-1.jpg

image.jpe

Last edited:
First Name
Stuart
\ said:
made a start on all four heads that come with the two Alpine figures. There is no way I am going to even attempt the eyes on these....
Anyway, had a go at the faces but as usual, they are not good. Might look better once I have painted the helmets and stuck them on the bodies but I doubt it. From a few hundred feet away, they don't look so bad ;)

View attachment 152729

View attachment 152730
Think you are being to hard on yourself as they look absolutely fine Graham

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looking foward to seeing these get built never had a go at any alpine figures..

And great start on those heads

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Are they in their sleeping bags Graham :P
Must admit, I did think that when I set them up lol

Last edited:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
someone should 'putty' them out of their misery :D :D:D:D - Sorry !!]

Look great to me

F

Fenlander

\ said:
someone should 'putty' them out of their misery :D :D:D:D - Sorry !!]
Look great to me
Cheers Steve :smiling3: Sorry? So you should be lol:D

F

Fenlander

Right, here they are. Not good enough but better than I have achieved at 1/35. Honestly, they don't look as bad in the flesh (who said they couldn't?:eek:smiling3: :rolleyes:

Anyway, if I hide them behind something in the scenic base, I should get away with it.

image_1.jpe

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice work on these guys Graham,very well paint,and your able to see the detail,nicely done, ;)

First Name
Jimbob
Look absolutely fine to me I hate doing figures as well so I've got an understanding with one of my mates I build his vehicles and he does my figures.

Jim

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
They look superb bud dont knock your self

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey Graham

Nice work on the GIs. They do look very good and the figure painting skills will only get better (as everyone does) so we can expect some jaw-dropping dioramas in the near future!

Cheers

P

F

Fenlander

Thanks guys, far too generous..... Anyway, the extreme closeup never did small figures and beautiful people any favours :D . It has done me one though in showing areas that need touching up such as the rear guys gloved fingers, or fingerless gloves if I feel lazy.....

As for 'jaw dropping dioramas' naaa, I will leave that to the experts. Maybe 'mediocre scenic bases' is more my thing :D

Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated :smiling3: